Agnostic.com

15 2

Do you expect to get the tax break we were promised?

I've had to renew my health insurance for next year. I really like to cuss when I talk about this. I just can't believe medicine cost that much...

BucketlistBob 8 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not from the Republicans or Trump. They will give with one hand and take it away with the other.

While corporations and billionaires are handed billiones, you'll get a small pitiance... which will be taken away in spades when programs that middle class and lower middle class families rely on are slashed.

As a person who runs their own home repair business, this tax plan depresses me. Thanks to the Republicans, I'm going to have to lower my prices so most of my customers can afford my services.

Oh.... and I don't even remember the last time I could afford health insurance.

Greeze... I'm so sorry.

...in America. Healthcare is super expensive in America.

The tax breaks now will, I fear, mean a gutting later of programs like Social Security and Medicare — so we might get it, but it will be snatched away from us when we really need it.

Which pisses me off! I paid into a program to help me at my lowest, and they want to steal my money.

I think they started stealing it with Reagan

...And you were promised a tax break by Trump. Seriously, if you believe Trump this late, then all I can say is a fool and his money are soon parted.

I have non-taxable income so no tax cuts for me.

Us too....

Hahahaha.
Sor...Hahahaha
Sorry....Hahahaha
Ok. Ok.
(deep breath)
Tax break? No, I don’t believe We the People (you) will get a tax Break.

Hell no. I expect to get reamed. In this past year, my effective earnings have dropped greater than 25%, due to the company switching to high deductible medical and the cessation of paying employee bonuses (execs and shareholders still get them, of course). So sure, go ahead and tax us more to reward those same greedy assholes.

My question: what will the top do once their customers are all broke and most of the money there is is out of the country?

Zster Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

I'm from the UK, but I'm truly shocked by the fact that regular law-abiding and hard-working US citizens (i.e. not the elite) have been screwed over by Trump and his munchkins. Who would have seen that coming? 😉

I did

Does Donald Trump shit?

godef Level 7 Dec 15, 2017

Haven't read it yet, but if you want some light reading here's a copy of the plan.

[fortune.com]

I didnt hear anything about a tax break for us

Some middle class people will see a tax break and others won't. As is typical of republican plans though, the top 1% will see the biggest breaks. Also as is typical of republican plans, the economy will not trickle down, businesses will just pocket the extra money, and in 4 or dare I say 8 years, the U.S. will be in further debt, the economy will have crashed, and it will take a democrat to try and fix the mess. Again.

Thanks for answering this...

If you are a giant corporation you will.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8473
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.