Agnostic.com

314 19

Do you support Trump?

I completely believe that the US government needs to be completely revamped and revised before we can actually do any good for this country. But - taking that out of the equation, for now, I'd really love to hear people's (honest, respectful and mature) reasons why they do or do not support Trump. (or is unsure). Please, no disrespect or rudeness. He is our president and deserves at least the respect that position affords him (that does not mean we agree with him, but we shouldn't be slinging insults and such)

• 50 votes
  • 664 votes
  • 13 votes
smilnjan 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

314 comments (126 - 150)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was truly horrified that most of my male family members not only voted for him but don't see admitted sexual assault as a reason to not vote for someone 😟

To get respect, an individual has to in some way or other earn it.

gearl Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

Hell NO!!

No, please get him out of there. I personally support the efforts to permanently divide the country into smaller more ideologically similar country's like Cascadia.

Interesting concept.Ever read Riverworld? You might like it and its commentary on the human social condition.

I don't support his character though I appreciate some of his foreign policy with Israel. The key there being some and certainly not many or all. Even as a moderate with a conservative bent towards economic issues I don't believe his policies (the wall, repealing and not replacing ACA, and the tax cuts) are likely to improve our economic issues. Unfortunately I voted for him to avoid a Clinton and I know many who did the same. Wish a third party could rise in this two party monopoly.

republican-democrat, tweedly dee-tweedly dum. They're all rich slobs who don't give a shit about any of us. Their job, once they are elected is to rake in as much corporate bribes as they possibly can and then keep on getting re-elected to keep their gravy train. However, with the election of Trump it seems as though things have taken a qualitative leap. trump/pence is a fascist regime. I really don't think we can have a wait and see attitude or rely on the same rotten-ass system that produced these fowl beings to change it for us. Things have never changed without "takin' it to the streets". I agree with all the posts that dislike/hate this miserable maggot and would certainly like to see him come to an end like Mussolini. I would add that anyone who thinks he has done good for the people in this country and the world is probably watching fox "news" too much or reading the national enquirer and it has affected their sense of decency and compassion.

Agreed but are you willing to step out, put your life on the line and give up all you have come to know as your life to make it happen? I agree - just as we did in the 60s - we have to take it to the street and be willing to act in order to bring about any real change!

I don’t really have anything nice to say about the man. It’s hard for me to give the respect afforded by the position itself when he doesn’t even respect the position he’s in. Savvy? I didn’t like Obama much, but he had class and integrity and knew where he was and how he got there and showed it the respect it deserves. 45 is going to dismantle as many things Obama did as he can, piss off the world at large and get us into one or several conflicts with other nations....all while blowing the dog whistle for his base and creating conditions RIPE for Civil War pt. 2....we can see that happening right now. No, I don’t like him or support him. He’s there for all the wrong reasons and it will take decades to return this country to being pre-MAGA great again.

Trump represents the worst kind of being on this planet

The president is not the real problem the Senate and House representative that have been in office for a very long time have made the same bad choices year after year. Limit the government officials to not buy or own oil futures, pharmacituials, or any thing that controls the economy.

Can't wait until he's a footnote in history.

Unfortunately, I Am "Not" Supporter of Trump At All Or His Views...I Did Not Vote Neither For Clinton Nor Trump But I Voted For 3rd Party Candidate, Jill Stein (Green Party) Instand.

Then you helped elect Trump

@TheMiddleWay So did Putin, Fox news,and the people who voted for third party candidates

Not in anyone's wildest imaginings would I support Trump.

I don’t agree he deserves any respect.

Did he respect the people hurt in Orlando?
Did he respect the people affected by the KKK march in NC?
Did he respect any child or sexual assault victim by endorsing a pedophile for a government position?
Did he respect the last president?
Did he respect Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and California when he flat out refused to send aid during the fall infernos?
Did he respect women by saying he could grab them by the pussy?
Did he fucking respect the entire island of Puerto Rico after the hurricane when he said he wasn’t going to send help and they could go back to Mexico?

Should I keep going?

I wish more people had investigated Trump when he was a candidate. I have disliked the man for years and so when he became a candidate it was easy to find the holes in his rhetoric. Economists have looked at Trump's "business" record and have stated that if he had just sat back and did nothing but live on the money his father gave him without trying to be a business man or invest, he would have 9 billion more dollars in 2016. He is a LOUSY businessman. He has filed bankruptcy multiple times, cheating contractors out of millions of dollars. He set up off shore accounts that would actually buy his businesses back once they went bankrupt at pennies on the dollar. He has had sexual harassment suits against him for years from dozens of women. He has cheated on two wives with the next wife and brags about how he tries to pick up women when he is married on the Howard Stern show. He expects 100% loyalty and gives none. He started the "birther" conspiracy for Obama and several other crazy ideas that were never true. He is a racist, narcissistic, greedy, unethical, delusional, and a compulsive liar. He was actually backed by several evangelical sects who believe he will bring about the end of the world. It's what they WANT!

He has snowed so many people into thinking he is something great, when the truth is that he's the worst kind of person. The day he won the election I had a pit in my stomach and it has been there every day since. If you follow anything he has done this year, you can see the poison that his influence has seeped into every major government branch, from Education, to Energy, to even the CDC. The anti-govt nuts want him to bring down the govt. The conservative alt-right are supporting him to advance their agenda and the rich 1% finally have their champion. It's sick.

He showed us who he was every step of the way during the campaign and before...everybody who had their eyes and ears open knew what he was all about and they STILL voted for him. People who were ok with all of that and still voted were/are the problem. And, yes, I’ve heard that bit about evangelicals getting him in so he’d bring aboutnthe end times. Sad for the rest of us, because there ain’t no end times.....just a long slog through a bunch of shitty years and possibly some post-apocalyptic war dystopian crap....nobody’s going to heaven or hell. All of that gets acted out right here.

First of all I do not believe he was voted in rather placed there by those most powerful, however, if he was elected it was to prevent the ascension of Clinton and the perpetuation of the status quo with some racism and Obama hate thrown in for good measure. All our politicians lie so ...

Being an educated, reasonable intelligent, caring person with a daughter and g'daughter ... NO. I think trump is the worst possible 'POTUS". He is everything America stands against. He is undoing America.

The man has no concept of Truth, nor Honor, and is Seriously undermining our form of government and way of life. Our country depends on the People having trust!

Just like Brexit is destroying the world's image of UK ,Trump is destroying the image of the good in America. It is fortunate I know a few good Americans and am related to others. He thinks that negotiating and diplomatic powers of a president are the same as those for negotiating the Trump tower. No one should be elected as president unless in a previous post he achieved some real social gains for people. I am not fully aware of his full political history.

No no no no no. And "position" alone is not deserving of respect.

I support him all the way out the door along with all his f-ed up cronies.He is a dangerous and mentally unstable narcissist. God bless and keep the czar, I mean president, far away from us.

I Am Not A Fan Of Trump At All But I Am A Fan Of Bernie Sanders

Unfortunately, I Am "Not" Supporter of Trump At All Or His Views and I Did Not Vote Neither For Clinton Nor Trump But I Voted For 3rd Party Candidate, Jill Stein (Green Party) Instand.

@TheMiddleWay I agree. I couldn't believe they did that.

HELL NO! This guy is EVIL INCARNATE! And the religious people that support this charlatan have made me even more doubtful about religion.

I loath that fat fucking feral hog,and all the disgusting minions who support his filthy junta. Anybody that still supports this bottom feeding scumbag are just as culpable as him.

Your the one that’s the bottom feeder! Trumps a damn sight better than that idiot Obama!

Aw,gee,does this mean you won't be inviting me over for dinner anytime soon? While I think you may be more comfortable on Breitbart or Infowars,I think this is what makes this country great,even in these extremely scary times. We still have the right to say what we believe. Have a great weekend

I don't necessarily think that he has earned the respect that a president deserves. Making fun of the disabled really rubbed me the wrong way during the election season. Obama at least tried to be a responsible looking president and he still received racist death threats.

It seems the majority of Trump’s supporters emerge from the “straight white christian cisgendered” community, and not always the innocent ones... I’ll just leave it at that.

Trump is what he always has been-- a con artist. I'll give credit where credit is due, he is the most successful one ever. Conned enough people to get elected. He did a masterful job conning the evangelicals-- the people, not the minsters/leaders they only support him because it is in their political and financial interests to do so.

MattW Level 6 Dec 15, 2017

But he wasn’t elected by the people, he bought the electoral college for the win. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.