Agnostic.com

27 2

Music streaming

If you use one, what is your preferred choice of music streaming service?

• 13 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 26 votes
SonOfABeach 7 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Google play music

Spotify is awesome

I don't stream. I have several gigs of music saved on my phone that I listen to. Saves me having to deal with gorram commercials or finding wifi or cell signal (I work in a basement so usually don't have a signal). Also, steaming services eat up battery life faster

Ooh, did I just bump into a Firefly fan? Shiny!

@Jenmcjen If someone isn't a Firefly fan, they're wrong!

Spotify from my devices.
Pandora on TV via Roku (no Spotify App).
ITunes from my iPod (purchased and downloaded).
YouTube for music videos.
XM Sirius in the car.

Zster Level 8 May 19, 2018

Currently using Spotify, but looking to see what the new YouTube combined video/music paid service premium will be like, as I would like to have YouTube without ads but I won't pay for it without music included.

I use Pandora

Mostly Pandora

I mostly use pandora and sometimes youtube

Tejas Level 8 May 19, 2018

Spotify premium. I love it!

Pandora. Their recommendations have led me to discover my preferred music after having not listened to much besides NPR for a long, long time. Although I do also use Amazon Prime, because I have it. And I love being able to tell my phone "Play something good by Duran Duran" and it always does.

I primarily use Pandora.

I love using them because they are a great product, but I hate using them because they underpay songwriters.

My iPod.

My own collection.

Pandora and Sirius XM

Plex

Very happy with Spotify.

I use an android phone. I also subscribe to YouTube Red, which eliminates the ads from YouTube. Since Google owns YouTube, I also get unlimited streaming on Google Play Music and YouTube Music (YouTube's streaming music service). I feel it's the best value for $10/mo.

Currently using Spotify, but looking into YouTube Red. Not available here in Oz yet, I think. How would you rate the music streaming service under YouTube Red?

See my above comment fellow Android user.

@David1955 I actually can't think of anything that I've wanted to listen to that I can't find on Google music, or YouTube Music. Besides that, no ads on YouTube.

I Tunes, I am going to purchase an album by Samantha Fish in a little while. That girl can play a guitar.

scusi for being thick but what is pandora ,other than a box ?

One word: google.

Pandora is an online music site that allows you to create 'stations' centered around a particular artist, album, or song. You can create as many specialized stations as you like, and Pandora's algorithm will play similar music for you on that station. You rate whether you like or dislike the song using Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, and this helps Pandora personalize the station to your musical tastes. You can enjoy it for free if you don't mind ads every 4th song, or you can pay to be a premium member

Whenn not listening to my records I go with Spotify. I have a dozen playlists some hundreds of songs long. I just hit shuffle and and have the cross fade set for ten seconds. Lots of fun

I use an app for Android called GetTube that can download YouTube videos so I could transfer the downloaded files to a computer to burn to a disc. No need for me to buy music cd's anymore.

@NotConvinced You have to look that one up on the web, Google Play does not carry it due to it technically violating terms of use in regards to YouTube.

AppleMusic

I have been using Slacker for a few years now. I found it had the best selection of music for my tastes. Pandora kept crashing and Spotify is just downright annoying to me. I pay the ten bucks a month for unlimited commercial free streaming and the ability to listen off line and down load custom playlist's

I've been using Amazon music with the subscription to unlimited. Pretty happy with it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:85415
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.