Agnostic.com

6 1

LINK How to defeat an atheist in 2 minutes!

A friend of mine posted this on FB this morning. I facepalmed hard.

RottenArsenal 5 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was a waste of 2 minutes 40 seconds.

All he's describing here is what Neil Tyson calls the "God of the gap". As long as there is part of the universe that's unknown, someone can always claim that's where God is. If you want to keep your God in the gap, be prepared to keep having to move Him as more unknown becomes known.

I just published a video on YouTube today where I called out a preacher on this exact type of lie.

These things are always a fantasy deconstruction of a strawman that doesn't exit. Theists always pretend that atheism is something that it's not, because they have no counterargument to actual atheism -- and certainly have no viable argument in favor of their own beliefs.

Oh boy. Somehow I always believe these stories are false -- just the believer talking about things he wished had happened.

However, if it's true, I think the atheist did frame his argument very badly since it's logically impossible to prove a negative.

Double Face Palm!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86800
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.