Agnostic.com

12 3

How do you think people would react if all religious people from different faiths discovered their God was never real?

This is something that came through my mind. I would think a lot of people would be in shock. Lots of people would probably be committing suicide from the betrayal they’ve been fed heir whole life and the fact all their hope that was built on their religion would go out of the window. I think the world would be in total chaos.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They would deny the evidence and continue to believe.

d_day Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

I think the majority would continue on as they were.

Sadly I think you right...

They wouldn't care. If "proof" is what they want, they can see it everywhere. What they want is validation that their reality is true, and believing in a "God" without any proof other than a book written by man is all they need.

In other-words, you can have conclusive proof right in front of them and they would tell you that Satan is trying to deceive them. Not even worth my time trying to convince them otherwise.

That always disturbed me how people can just think a book written by people is God’s words. Those people could have had any mental illness and it was undiagnosed in that time and they mistook it as God.

Yes, I think people would be lost and confused and possibly rioting.

skado Level 9 Dec 17, 2017

that is exactly why they won't except it now

Initially shocked, then disturbed... denial... slow acceptance ... then finally, relief, happiness, contentment.

Tomas Level 7 Dec 17, 2017

The ones I know are already fully brainwashed that they will still continue to believe.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 17, 2017

That’s a shame! Brainwashing is like a freaking virus.

Yes, people would turn to atheism.

Suicides would go way up

disbelief !!!!

Most would deny the evidence and continue to worship a myth. Unfortunately some would lose of aspect of decency and commit the most horrific acts since they would not have any fear of any consequences in the afterlife. Some will look for a different kind of belief system because they have to have some kind of outside belief system to validate their life.

Agreed. I think some would still believe and argue against it still.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.