Agnostic.com

14 6

Have you ever been caught eavesdropping lol?

I’m so guilty of this, especially if I hear my name being mentioned lol or just to be nosy when I hear it’s about people I know and want to hear what’s going on cause I guess I can say I get a kick out of hearing things about their life that’s not so perfect when they try to put their life out there like it is while trying to make people less fortunate feel lower than what they may already probably feel.

EmeraldJewel 7 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You have to be pretty obvious to get caught, and pretty oblivious to allow people to overhear you when you are talking confidentially.

Us teachers hear a lot of stuff that's not intended for our ears.

No I am very careful.

On my kids more than once

MsAl Level 8 May 22, 2018

@Shelton Yah They have caught on. It was easier when they were littler and didn't realize people in the other room could here them. Good times LOL

Nope. I walk right up and say "What's everybody talking about?"
I hate gossip.

I try to shut down the outside noise, but do get caught up in it sometimes

As a kid in adult convos. Never as an adult

The bad thing about eavesdropping is when you secretly hear your name, start paying attention, then learn much later that you are not the only person with your name. See, it wasn't about you after all.

Yes im terrible at it call me Paranoid or curious but it gets me into a lot of trouble , Its even worse when you no they are talking about you and you then hit them up and question them. The usual reply is " I didn't say that your Hearing things" or your a a nosy so n so , Its all said loud enough to hear but quiet enough to say they never did . So one day I tested it out and left my smart phone on record in the cupboard amongst the cornflakes and crackers and let it run. I then chrome cast the whole conversation on to the 54 inch Tv while watching Coro street . Well crikey dick I was not expecting to hear the whole story in detail but it was enough for me to confront the story teller . I was very sweet about it and asked to join in as it was a two women affair , Sadly No her friend was not to keen as her Husband was my old Boss so yeah sometimes it pays to be a little Nosy...

Yes, not good to start a conversation about the conversation of the people behind you at a restaurant. Sometimes they get a bit offended. Seriously though if you're going to have a conversation at a public place, you have to expect that people may listen.

No. I'm relieved to say.

@Donotbelieve

Awww! That's so nice!

Sending you hugs. Thank you.

No, I think that I am very good at it. No just kidding. I don't really care what other people say or think about me.

I often eavesdrop on other peoples conversations, even if I don't know them or who they are talking about - sometimes quite humorous (and harmless).

no,
(never been caught) haha,
I wonder why eavesdropping is not considered as bad as peeping?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.