Agnostic.com

47 5

What is or was your musical guilty pleasure?

Ok, We all had them. Songs we listened to that maybe only we liked. Bands that were slightly off the beaten path. For me, it was Grand Funk Railroad I'm Your Captain. It was so bad it was great ?. Three chord rock n roll at its best. A lyric so deep: I'm your captain yeah yeah yeah yeah

jwd45244 7 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Monkees and The Archies. Yeah, cheesy 60's bubble-gum pop.

Culture Club, 

George Michael - Careless Whisper. It's a bit sad I know but it is what it is

You might like this:

Etre Level 7 May 25, 2018

Yes! Yes! Yes... Oh, I love Nick Drake.

Ariana Grande. I can't help singing along too. I don't even like pop.

Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show, and Weird Al Yankovic.

Back in the day: The Bay City Rollers

@TeacherMissEmm Excellent choice I once went to see them in concert

@psycheworks Sweet!

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Disco from my childhood.

More specifically: MECO and their versions of Star Wars music.

Lady Gaga

I had all the Queen albums on vinyl. ( Up to the one with Fat-Bottomed Girls). Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Jimmy Buffett, old bluegrass. I know the lyrics to Ruby, The Cuckoo, and more. Bee Gees: on 8-track. First car had an 8-track player; I had Bee Gees, Best of Bread, America, Jim Croce, Gordon Lightfoot.

Abba

Not gonna lie, the They Might Be Giants’ Children’s albums are my jam.

No guilt, here. I can always find a peaceful happy mood listening to the Corrs on their "Unplugged" album. All acoustic, and backed by the Irish Film Orchestra, every song is rich and textured. As a Sound Engineer, I admire the smoothness of capturing every nuance nearly flawlessly.

Rap and hiphop

I think I'm the only person I know who absolutely loves (or even remotely likes) Belle and Sebastian.

Oh — and brass bands... I LOVE brass bands. Hit me with the Floral Dance, baby. Yeah!

@DaveMania I'm with you on this bring on the brass.

Bob Seger, all day long....
EVERY
SINGLE
SONG

When I was at school, in the UK, I was in the 'In Crowd' so you had to be cool and so did your musical tastes, so we all liked the Eagles, the Doobie Brothers, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie etc.....but this wasn't on the list of approved coolness.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present my musical guilty pleasure

If Otis Redding’s a guilty pleasure you’re runnin with the wrong crowd lol. Pure gold!

" I've been across the desert on a horse with no name..."

@SACatWalker I love Neal Young! I was referencing the song by the band 'America'.

Col. Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit

Ange Level 5 May 25, 2018

Almost anything by Motown

jab60 Level 6 May 25, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:89952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.