Agnostic.com

82 6

So what is your most hated song of alltime? The one that you have heard so many times that you just can't bear the thought of hearing it again. For me it's Freebird by Lynrd Skynrd

myownmind 7 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

82 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

American Pie... it's so long

I recently became acquainted with the concept of misophonia and it applies to me for large swaths of music, though particularly to "pop" music and especial so to music by Maroon5 and Adelle...some Taylor Swift as well. Something about their vocal qualities sets me on edge and makes me increasingly irritated.

Also, I'm familiar with Fiona Apple so hearing Adelle is like ordering crab rangoon and getting mere cream cheese wontons instead! It makes me feel angry, disappointed, and swindled!

I agree to an extent about Freebird, but only because the song carries on repetitively for far longer than it has any business doing. What are they trying to prove by playing the exact same sequence for like three minutes? Music should be dynamic and interesting, playing the same bit over and over is neither

Did I mention somewhere that I have a lot of oddly specific, often bizarrely intense opinions about music? 😛

I have never liked, and have always hated All the Single Ladies. It's a song about a woman who uses her vagina to try to get an engagement ring on her finger. Oh, and I can't stand Beyonce or that stupid dance in the video.

Absolutely agree. Fake feminism at its most irritating.

Closest Thing to Crazy — Katie Melua....

Ohhh godddd! Make it stop! The most inane, mewling, trite, physically offensive load of crap I have ever heard.

That's my most hated, but if we're simply talking Songs We've Heard So Many Times We're Sick Of Them, then it's Blue Monday — New Order. Good the first 3,846 times, but the 3,847th was quite enough, thank you.

I despise 'Blue Monday'. I hate it!

It is distilled nihilism, reminiscent of the bleak Thatcher era.

For me and any musician in the Appalachian mountains it’s hard to beat wagon wheel right now. As far as annoying requests goes it’s the new millennium’s cry of “freebird!” I once had it requested shortly after my second time playing it. I refused ?‍♂️.

You Light Up My Life by the incomparable Debbie Boone. It's so saccharin.

Ain't No Sunshine When She'e Gone.

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, ad nauseum.

Music - Footloose and Love Shack and so very sick of She's a Beauty by the Tubes on the radio.
Lyrics - What's Up by 4 Non-Blondes (so glad I don't have a neighbor like her); Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton (so glad I'm not dating a pathetic drunk I have to put to bed), Escape (the Pina Colada song) - people cheating on each other with each other, how stupid.

I was a radio DJ 1979-1996, with another 6-month stint in 2001. I'm tired of Journey. Kool & the Gang make me turn off the radio.

That must be the worst part of being a radio DJ; having to the same songs again and again.

Yes. I was on the air for Journey's entire hit career. It got so tiring.

All Right Now by Free. Way too long and overplayed when I was younger. I rarely hear it these days which is good for me.

I also have an aversion to The Star Spangled Banner. I wish they would just quit playing it.

@myownmind thin Lizzie

Quite a few. Freebird, Stairway to Heaven. The Electric Slide or any other " Mandatory Fun " wedding participation songs, Metallica Unforgiven, I will survive Gloria Gaynor, I want to know what love is Foreigner, The Macarena, Anything by Hootie and the Blowfish, The Spin Doctors, Anything by Jimmy Buffett, Anything by the Dave Matthews Band . But the one I loathe more than anything is "Proud to be an American" by Lee Greenwood. If I ever had to stand in military formation and be forced to listen to that posturing drivel again.....

Hotel California, the eagles, and she drives me crazy, fine young cannibals, equally

Most recent is that shit version of "sound of silence"....stained or whateverthefuck did it. I never thought much of the original, but that is a sure fire way to make me leav e, turn the thing off or throw something at the juke box.
I hate that version of that song with every fibre of my being.

They're disturbed alright.

Any Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers or Led Zeppelin song played on the radio. There was a time when I would hear a Tom Petty song then immediately a Led Zeppelin song (or vice versa) every day on the radio for 1-2 years. Every now and again I'll still come across a radio station that plays them two back-to-back

You can thank those flaming ass clowns at Clear Channel for ruining all of the great artists from the 60's and 70's. In fact, here's a mathematical equation which comes out exactly the same more times than 1 + 1 = 2: Clear Channel + Radio = Colossal Fuck Up.

Reelin in the Years, and pretty much anything else by Steely Dan.

B 52 ' s "Love Shack"

Love Shack is great!

@BD66 If by "great" you mean "I would rather have my fingernails ripped out one by one with a rusty pair of pliers before ever hearing it again" then I agree 😛

Anything by x factor people

Anything disco. Wtf was that all about?

I enjoyed disco dancing, but I enjoy dancing.

@jlynn37 Disco got me out and moving in social circles. (bars) Had a lot of fun and I still play it.

The Pina Colada song.

Lol I haven't seen anyone say any song by Nickelback yet..

Rush - Tom Sawyer

yeah-- never could get the lead vocal guy-- just no.

Geddy rocks!

Anything by ELO or the sissy Bee Gees.

Kid song = song that never ends
and (not sure of the category)
Achy Breaky.... Uck
And - just recalled - Honey, I miss you.

Muma mia and any other Abba song. Achey breaky heart

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91535
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.