Agnostic.com

6 3

Ex-Muslims on here?

I left Islam when I was 13, but have doubted the faith for my entire life. Haven't come out to my parents yet and probably will cut contact soon.

Was wondering if any of you are also Ex-Muslim?

AsharAhmed 2 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not islam, but who cares which religion, they all have zealots....i wish i had never told my dad and u may be in the same situation. it depends on how understanding ur parents are....think of it like this: if i told my dad i was gay, would he accept it; if not, don't tell 'em; if yes, tell 'em.

my dad is the type that CANNOT see another way. it will never be the same between us and it's all because
i got mad one day and told him how stupid his religion is.

Ex muslim here too. If you are sure that cutting contact will help you, then thats going to be a hard pill to swallow. Try and open up over time, but please be safe in doing so

Praying 5 times a day?When do you find time to work? Does traffic come to a halt and everyone head to the Mosque? Trains stop for prayer? In a country with 5 or more time zones,how does praying five times daily work out?

I am an exmuslim too
My family doesn’t know and planning on leaving my home country

That's quite drastic - cutting contact. I hope you'll be OK. You're brave.

Give it time

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.