Agnostic.com

4 0

Is it ever right to believe in a God before examining that God for logical coherency?

Do we dare question the character and actions of a proposed God before accepting that proposed God as real?

[sufficientreasons.wordpress.com]

#god
PhilStilwell 6 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To what degree do humans prevent themselves from considering possibilities that are emotionally unpalatable?

Something unpalatable to one person is a delicacy to another. The idea of child rape is, to say the least, emotionally inedible to me, but to a child rapist, it's a luscious treat.

Well, you answer your question in your question. If testable evidence can be provided for something supernatural, it is no longer supernatural and by extension no longer a god. According to the evidence at hand, the possibility for there being anything supernatural is zero, which includes gods, angels, leprechauns, etc.

Blinded by faith and belief. Just like falling in love - whether it's wrong or right, against all odds

I don't think there is ever a reason to believe in a god, until sufficient evidence is given for that god's existence. I think you have to establish it's existence first before you even start to question it's character or actions? I can believe that I will have a child, but until I have one, why would I question this imaginary child's non-existent character or actions?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.