Agnostic.com

40 5

How can we improve this community?

This site is for you! Please let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it happen. Thanks!

Admin 9 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

HELP!!! The message function won't work! I am getting messages, repeatedly, and when the conversation reached the bottom of the page, it froze! The sender sees everything fine, but I can see nothing more. The screen won't scroll.

Rebooting my iPhone (6, running iOS 20.3.3) did not fix it.

Zster Level 8 Nov 22, 2017

Ok, I'm looking for an iPhone to test now as it works on android. I'll let you know when I get one.

Well I'm new not sure what it's all about yet, tbh.????????????

It's frustrating as a new member that I can't make posts etc, maybe lower the level requirement so people can do more things earlier into joining, some wouldn't stay after realising they're so limited in what they can do initially.

Not sure exact what to expect I'm brand new here.

Be honest in all things. If you don't want to be honest, then be silent.

I'd like understand how the points and levels thing works

Check out the levels page by clicking anywhere you see the word "Level".

Why no area search, pretty worthless unless you want to just BB post.

You can currently sort by distance. We probably could do a better job of showing that or simply build a "miles/km from zip/city" field. On the list! 🙂

I try to upload a profile picture but my picture doesn't appear. It still has the default image. My photo is in my profile pic library and uploads when I first put it. But as soon as I click to another page it disappears. Am I missing something?

We made a bunch of fixes in the last 24 hours. Should be much more stable now.

I was wondering how long it takes for uploaded posts of things to be viewed by everyone. I posted a couple things, and they never showed up 😟 am I doing something wrong? I also was wondering if you have any way to set up chat rooms.. where perhaps by topic or whatever, could take place. Just a thought.

A new photo upload system is going live today. You should see your photos immediately. We are thinking about chat rooms too ... once we improve the dating features. Chat rooms are also harder to monitor for scammers 😟

I'd like to know what the points are for

I know that part of it has to do with making real people easily distinguishable from bots and predators. My understanding is that the very lowest level(s?) can't initiate contact with other members, and the first few posts are screened by the Admin. Having once created a point system for that purpose, the Admin may have decided to elaborate on it for other reasons. He or she recently said something about periodic prizes, including something in the near future.

@vertrauen - yes, that's correct. Hopefully, members don't get too caught up about it. We give some more access to members with higher levels and hopefully will have some way to send agnostic-themed gifts to active members.

That sounds fun!!

im new on here so illfigure it out! maybe lol but im sure digging you chick!????

Being able to rotate picks would be good. Also an easy way to find people that live near you, some sort of a distance search.

Yes! We're working on fixing the rotation bugs in photo uploads and hope to have the feature upgraded in the next couple of days. For distance search, you can sort by "Nearby" (perhaps we should change that to "Distance". Typically, with distance searches, people need to also have "Logged in since X"... but since we're only live for a month or so, it's moot for now. Thanks for the feedback!

It would be better if you allowed people to choose which default picture to use. Trans woman would not like a default man to show up.

Of course, there are trans people who wouldn't like to have to decide between the two. And are cis people who prefer not to identify what gender/sex they are. So maybe you could include a "not identifying" category with an ungendered default icon.

I realize that there are limits to what you can do with program as written.

Yes, good points. We are slowly adding better support for our trans/other members... especially as we roll out better dating features. Do you (or others) have a suggestion what a "trans" icon would like? We could simply do a 50% filter of each but that might seem offensive... or perhaps a slider to choose?

A trans man would usually like the default man picture. A trans woman would usually like the default woman picture. For a non-binary trans person, or a person who doesn't it to be known, I would do a highly simplified picture (google "person icon" ) that doesn't depict any gender... just a head on a body.

But that's me being simple. Other people might want more options.

scrolling through 'next page' of posts is almost unbearable.. using mozilla firefox/linux

Yah, it's a bit old school... we plan to do "infinite scrolling" in the next few weeks. Good suggestion, thanks!

I can't reply to comment . not sure if it because the person level is higher if so that the problem

Hmmm, maybe it was a bug. You should be able to reply to any comment. Did you see an error? Using a computer or phone? Thanks for the report.

Nope no errors

Wow it allowed me to post let me check out othet ones

Cool... glad to hear! 🙂

Quick question. How do I rotate a picture? The reason for my question may be self-evident. 🙂 I've tried rotating on my PC, so it's "wrong," then uploading, but it's still sideways.

Thanks for asking! We're working on that right now and hope to have a "Rotate" icon on the photos soon. Also, we'll have a way for you to select which uploaded photo will be your primary photo.

I just asked this ignore my last post.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.