Agnostic.com

32 2

What do you usually listen to in the car?

• 59 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 6 votes
Hermit 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My wife telling me how to drive and my kids arguing. ?

Anything that will drowned out the noise of parts falling off my 2008 Buick.

The chattering of small humans.

I'm a teacher by day so quiet is the best EVER!!!

XM Sirius: channels 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Alt Nation, Lithium, First Wave, The Groove, and R&B

Zster Level 8 May 27, 2018

No vote, I don't allow strangers to poll me. I listen to the engine.

NPR

Siriusxm is a great thing.

Audio books if Im alone. classic rock if I have someone with me

Me too!

Classical music.

Pink Floyd most of the time.

Road noise.

Music, almost always. Or Google maps giving me directions. Or any people I'd have with me. But usually music.

I love my Pandora subscription … no ads!

@MarvelAnn, it uses data but there are offline channels you can set up.

I need more choices: NPR and News; Grateful Dead channel and books on CD

I have a Spotify subscription. Loads of live Grateful Dead to listen to including all of the Dick’s Picks releases.

@Hermit I was not aware of the GD until Brendan, my grandson moved in with me. He sdaid;" Oma, you have Sirius XM and the Grateful Dead channel on your ca radio. Very cool" So, i was listening, getting the background stories from Brendan and educated myself on Jerry Garcia and the band. I love all their songs that have a girl's name in the title and some of their covers. There is also a great difference in concerts from the 70s and concerts in the 90s. It's fun to discover all these things!

Usually nothing. Occasionally music.

I must admit I like a little bit of sports talk because although there are at time heated disagreements, in the grand scheme of things, it's just sports. I also listen to the local jazz station because they play a wide variety of music, not all of it jazz.

Classic rock

I listen to 'Get off the road mother5÷*€$' as I ride my bike.

Talk radio if I am out when the morning show is on, music whenever it is not morning.

I voted music, but it's only because there is not much talk radio that reaches my radio (maybe some Spanish language, but I don't speak Spanish).

Also, you should have included live sports as a choice.

When I am driving through a town that has more choices, I split between music, and talk radio (sports radio, religious radio and political radio, roughly in that order).

When I mention listening to religious radio, I'll add that yes, I'm really an atheist. I would probably listen to something that discussed secular moral philosophy and personal choices (if it was really well done) and blew off the supernatural nonsense, but there doesn't seem to be any such thing, where I drive. I'm immune to the supernatural nonsense of theistic/christian talk radio, and while I don't agree with much of the moral thinking, I like listening to people talk about things that really matter to them.

To me, over-generalizing, a lot of government discussion radio is not to my liking. Sure, people can make good points and bad points, and a lot of it is just trolling and angry, but the base reason I think is that it is inherently a reminder that we are asked to think about politics as a substitute or shortcut for discussing broader philosophy.

kmaz Level 7 May 28, 2018

It's my first poll question. I'll try to do better next time.

@Hermit not a problem, just writing quickly. I like the poll feature and the poll question is one I like..

I try, but the stations are very good.

Audiobooks

Podcasts

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92174
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.