Agnostic.com

36 14

Would you have a sign hung up like this to keep missionaries away?

EmeraldJewel 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No. One of my major criticisms of Christianity is its exclusivity and judgmentalism. A sign like this would make me as bad as Christians.

Well it would also keep my siblings out - and at least one friend - so no.

It wouldn't stop them.

No. It’s a dick move. I wouldn’t have a sign that says no Muslims allowed either. Cuz it’s a dick move.

If you don’t want to have someone talk to you about religion your sign should read: I don’t want to talk about god or religion.

Apologies for the bitchiness of the post. Not intended that way, but too tired to soften it. ?

Cakes Level 4 May 28, 2018

I’m going to post a sign that reads

“No Soliciting*

*unless you have cookies”

Only on the back door. My front door has a sign on it. Beware of dogs...lol.

Uh, i would not put that sign up because I have Christian friends but i would not hesitate to post a no missionaries or no proselytizing sign.

Not me, I have friends and family who are casually religious. We have some good, respectful debates that I enjoy, even if they never admit they're wrong. ??

I have a pentacle hung up. pretty much keeps them off my porch and out my yard. of course the goats I had in my back yard helped too.

Would make it hard for my roommate to get in the front door lol

No i would have sign saying i listen to heavy metal and think the da Vinci code is the best book ever written lols, that part about the book is false but it probably would stop them from knocking

I wouldn't post that, but definitely would post something to the effect of no religious solicitation.

You betcha. But if they have walked by my no trespassing sign, opened my gate, and walked all the way down my 1/2 mile dirt lane and they still kept coming, I suppose the sign wouldn't be much of a determent.

It's tempting.... But I'm lucky to live far enough in the country where I don't get solicitors

I would have this sign instead

No ! Don't want flat tires, eggs at my garage door, keyed car, broken windows, oil on driveway etc etc I should now - so called "Christians" do that .....

No, because when I participated in christianity I communicated with all.

No because it's discriminatory

They'd scream discrimination because you were not allowing them to jam their beliefs down your throat.

No, maybe something like "proselytizers will be educated"

Lol oh no!

In a minute! Where can I get one?

Hutch Level 7 May 27, 2018

I would but i don't think it would stop the JW

For years I had a sign on my front door, one that worked very well. I wrote an article about it for American Atheist Magazine, and blogged about it here: [dangerous-thought.net]

I have a similar one up. Haven't had door-knockers since.

No, I would put one up like this:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92203
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.