Agnostic.com

36 1

Who created God?

Do people that believe in a God ever wonder who created Him, and so on...? I question the beginning and end equally.. If you was to divide 2 into 100, where does it end? How far out does space go? Just curious! ❤️

RawLuv 4 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ha, yeah, begotten not made says the bible. Begotten by who? Who are god's parents?

A psychopath!

Early cultures created many gods to explain natural phenomena and provide them a feeling of control (sacrifices, prayer, etc.) This holds true today, but now we also have monotheistic religions. I don’t know about the remaining polytheistic religions, but contemporary monotheistic religion has also incorporated the idea of handing over control of their Day to Day lives to a higher power (eg. God will provide, I can’t make my car payment, but if I pray God will solve the problem). I can understand needing to feel the desire to control natural events one can’t understand, but I have to admit that the idea of handing over your life responsibilities to an all knowing being is laughable. I see this a lot working with clients at Snowcap Charities (and I get blessed a lot), but I’ve learned to hold my tongue. However I do think these people are weak minded - but that may not be fair. I’m certain that scientifically there are other more forgiving explanations.

They don,t.Space goes forever I took a trip and it took forever

Satoshi Nakamoto, the guy who invented Bitcoin.???

There's only one logical answer: a bigger more powerful God..and an even bigger more powerful God created that God and..........

Some dude probably living in a cave or hut made from animal skins who didn’t know how to answer a question.

Dfox Level 4 May 27, 2018

Amusingly, there's a very interesting book called the Mind in the Cave by David Lewis-Williams that's about cave art but sort of rambles into how religion was invented as a result of sensory deprivation deep inside of caves where cave artists went to do their art. Really great book!

You know that question will blow "their" minds...

lerlo Level 8 May 27, 2018

not an answer, but god twiddled his thumbs

A theist might say that time as we know it is an illusion and that everything truly real has always been and always will be. There’s no proof of course. Everyone who looks directly at the staggering implications of existence should be totally awe-struck, whether atheist or theist.

Which god? ?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.