Agnostic.com

12 0

Why would Christians join this site?

I’m truly curious as to why a Christian would join here for dating. Mostly here in Texas where it feels like 99% of the people are Christian.

LauraUU 6 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would strongly suspect that most Christians would join the site to try to convert nonbelievers. I doubt they would actually be coming here to look for dates, unless they are leading double lives that they don't want their believer family and friends to know about.

One of the reasons for the levels is to prevent believers from being able to makes poses without approval of someone at a higher level (I think you need to be a level 5 or 6 to approve posts), and it also keeps them from posting hateful messages about going hell and so forth.

About the only city in Texas which may be bearable might be Austin, which I am told is mroe progressively minded than the rest of the state. If you wanted to stay in Texas, I'd say that's where to go.

Yeah, I’d love to move to Austin but hubby’s work keeps us from moving there.

they feel like it is their duty to turn us.

first, you'll have to locate some - then ask 'em ...

Curiosity would be my first guess.

Many I've envountered (not just THIS non-believer site) have been out to convert. A few have been questioning their own faith, and occasionally, I've run into one or two who want to know what drives us away from faith/church/religion with hope of fixing their own faith/church/religion.

Zster Level 8 May 28, 2018

I asked because I’ve seen several on here and I had one contact me. I asked him this question but he hasn’t replied. Don’t they realize that anyone here, is here to meet non-believers and wouldn’t be interested in a Christian.
I’m listed as open to meeting anyone but state in my profile that I’m only looking for friendship. I’ve already found my Atheist husband and we’re both monogamous. I’d really just like to find some Atheist friends to hang out with.

To save our souls of course

Because, despite their supposed "god" being all present and powerful, they some how think that it will not change peoples neurons without them telling others about it.

To scream BLASPHEMY!, condemn our souls and burn witches.

To save us from hell.

I'm an open minded one, I sure don't accuse any of you of blasphemy, and I don't want to covert anyone. I like the diverse view points, and I have my doubts, I am here for the discussion, to learn other view points. I rarely, if ever give mine.

That’s what I was hoping.
Maybe if they are open to dating Agnostics/Atheists, they find the conversation stimulating. I just hope they are prepared for a lot of rejection.

To troll/save/annoy us. You don't see me going to a church on sunday with a bull horn or with protest signs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92568
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.