Agnostic.com

13 0

Do you never get bored of talk about God?

Tesla 3 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At least not while I am destroying a theist at one's own game.

Maybe "trying to reform a theist" sounds better

As long as I live I'll never get bored of about God be it executive or pedestrian level

I don't usually talk about God with a big G as it puts the abrahamic god as being more important than other gods, like Thor or Vishnu. I do like talking about religion in general, but I adopt a historical point of view, as I like to see what kind of "historical setting" led to the creation of what religion.

MarcO Level 5 Oct 7, 2017

Yes... I'm still waiting for this to be more of a dating site than a same old atheist discussion forum.

we have the same position

yeah, i actually don't talk about it much anymore, this website is the most exposure i've gotten to religious discussion in a while

I would rather talk about more interesting things and hear what people like you have to say about far more interesting things.

Talking about God or talking about religion? Yes, talking about God is usually boring as heck, but talking about religion can be fascinating if you look at the different metaphysical underpinnings for various religions. Philosophy is always fun.

Liam Level 3 Oct 12, 2017

I talk shit about him, but other than that, I am totally uninterested in testimonials and I tire of talk that the United States is "Christian", and I don't want to hear about their twisted value system.

I'm more interested in why people believe and why they seem to have such a hard time leaving it. They must know at some level its all a bunch of hooey because if the didn't, none of them would fear death, they would look forward to the end, and that's just not the case.

Haha. I definitely get bored with it. I'm at a point in my thinking that I'm not actively seeking answers. I'm content with my beliefs. I contribute as the mood strikes me, but I'm not obsessed with the topic.

Yes I get bored with talking and thinking about God more now that I have left religion! How does that work with atheism?

Absolutely. During my whole life i have been in religious discussions and i already have said everything. And this is only with my atheist friends, i don't talk these things with religious people, you cannot use reason with people who does not use reason to choose their personal beliefs.

Bored, yes, butt mostly frustratingly annoyed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.