Agnostic.com

27 3

What country or state were you born in?

I was born in Saigon, Vietnam in 1988.

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Manger, Bethlehem, Nr. Jerusalem.

Oh - hang on - that was some other guy.

Cheltenham, UK.

New Jersey. I escaped.

I know some people that actually think of it as a rural state. I have never been there

NJ does get a bad rap, sometimes. It actually does have areas that live up to it's nickname "The Garden State". I didn't live in any of those places. I still feel like I escaped.

Brazil ...beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro

Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK. 1998. I've never lived in that particular town, but I often visit.

Roseburg, Oregon

Dallass Texas.

Brooklyn, Nu Yawk

New York

I was born in Uppsala Sweden when my dad was in medical school there. Once he graduated, we settled on a rural island on the Swedish west coast. Not a bad place to grow up; lots of beautiful nature, and a population that is mostly secular and relatively progressive. Religion didn't become a concern of mine until I ended up living in the American bible belt. I don't mind folks believing in odd superstitions, just hate when they try forcing others to go along with it.

Yep. I forgot I ever posted this. It was back from November.

I grew up in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, attending the Episcopal cathedral, which my father grew up attending. Christians have no idea how counterproductive it is for them to yell about their religion all the time. They're only turning people off. It's really gross. I'm very happy that I figured out as child that this story about an omnipotent deity is a bunch of nonsense.

I was born in the netherlands

Your queen was my neighbor...we lived about 20 blocks apart from e/o.

Alaska .My father was an iron worker ,and after I apprenticed in this trade,I moved to Long Island N.Y.

The county of Surrey in England. For those not in the know, Surrey is the county directly to the south of London.

Detroit, Michigan.

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 20, 2017

@Sarahroo29 My sister-in-law is from Saigon (she escaped in 75'😉 and 4 years ago we spent a month in Viet Nam!! There were 7 of us and we were on our own. We went from Saigon to Hanoi (Ha Long Bay). We arrived Dec. 25th and it was 93 deg. It was wild, crazy, scary and beautiful. When we returned to Lopez we did a power point presentation of our trip and the room was filled over capacity (40+). I will never forget that trip.

Cool.

I was born in Watertown, New York but only lived there a couple years before we moved. I've lived in many places since then as my father was military.

Boston, MA-around the corner from Fenway Park-Red Sox Green Wall

I was born in Indiana, USA

Latvia, Ogre (my town name). Living in Northampton UK

I'd love to come from a place named 'Ogre'!

Buenos Aires....that's in Argentina....and I am of French origin.

Birmingham, Alabama 1988

@Sarahroo29 how old where you when you came to the United States?

dc65 Level 7 Dec 20, 2017

I was born in Elgin Illinois USA,, 60120

dc65 Level 7 Dec 20, 2017

Wichita Falls, Texas. My family moved to the big city of Fort Worth before I started school.

northeastern Ohio USA

Phoenix, AZ in 1971. Phoenix had a whole different essence to it then. Bery different from today.

before they turned it into concrete slot canyons broken up by some buildings?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9328
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.