Agnostic.com

49 20

What is beautiful to you?

I have many things I consider beautiful. Natural world, music, art, and even people. But in this case I am referring to a partner.
And please don't mistake this question for aesthetic beauty. But more along the lines of human nature, personality and that thing some people call spirit or soul.

Akfishlady 8 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A flower, animals, nature, people

Yes, I totally agree with you and are necessary in a partnership. But in my view about live the aesthetic beauty is also necessary and I mean not just in human forms but it can be in anything, eve tools or machines but mostly in nature.
The beauty in a spirit or the soul of a partner can't be measured, it can be only experienced through close contact.

A presence of warmth and generosity in all things that the person in question is unaware of

Loving kindness and gentleness of heart I think.

Patience to explain things and communicate effectively; kindness in doing little things like making a cup of tea when you're frazzled; the ability to stand up for themselves in a respectful way; and a childlike ability to be interested in life.

Childlike. The innocence of Youth. Keeping that in adulthood

@JohnPaul exactly, but adults have more power so self awareness and self control must be better developed.

@girlwithsmiles Yes! Not self indulged or naive. Finding Simple Pleasures and not being suspicious of others

It’s a hard question to isolate a specific answer for me. Different people exhibit beauty in different ways. I feel like, contextually, we’re identifying beauty as a sort of intense admiration in a quality. I think creativity is a big deal for me.

Being able to channel an idea, an emotion or value into a form of media, especially if it’s something I’ve never seen before is beautiful. I think optimism is beautiful, if only because it feels in such short supply. Not blind optimism, but I find that I gravitate towards people who find the silver linings in life. At the same time, there is a brand of cynicism I find beautiful, when it’s presented constructively, and used effectively. I guess it all just depends on the person, and what they bring to the table.

I also think sincerity plays a big part in it. Creativity, Optimisim, especially Cynicism...they all benefit from sincerity, and I think in a culture that feels awash in bathos, sincerity is very welcoming and beautiful.

@Akfish this

Strength of character
Commitment when it's hard
Never quitting on yourself
Not backing down when you shouldn't
Honesty when you want to lie
Admitting your weaknesses
Developing yourself in every sense
Compassion for others
Seeing all life as precious
Caring about the future
Honoring the past
Being true to yourself
Having fun
Moving forward

How lovely!

Wow, some good ones there.

The reaches of the human mind are among the greatest, most beautiful things in nature. that we can envision something, and see it manifest; that we can describe in minute detail the discrete components of the eye (or ear, or elephant or flower) and understand the structure and function of each; on the other hand, that that same mind can destroy the beauty that is in nature: strip mines, pit mines, landfill trash heaps, plastics choking the oceans, the air unfit to breathe....there is so much that we can do but we keep shooting ourselves in the head (the foot is so passe!).....

Thanks for the picture and post. First off Snoqualamie Falls [snoqualmiefalls.com] was where I proposed to my late partner the first time (she asked me to do it again somewhere else and at a different time [seattle.gov] The walk faces West and she wanted me to propose at sunset. It was also in my old neighborhood and a quick trip to my house.
There is a lot of what I consider beautiful in many art forms and nature. I am lucky to live in a place that has no shortage of natural beauty and somehow that affects the way people think. Unfortunately, Seattle is being unduely affected by the business and pro-growth mentality and the beautiful is taking a back-seat.

I don't know what to say in order to describe a friendship I have. As I've stated in other comments/posts, I work with a group of women in a Lutheran Church quilting ministry. There is one relationship I've made there that fulfills my soul. Whenever she and I meet, we hug. When we part, we hug. She's told me my hugs are therapeutic. Her hugs are reassuring, genuine, robust! She is married, so within that restriction I know the connection cannot go any further. And, at the same time, I don't need the relationship to go anywhere but where it is!

I don't know what to say in order to describe a friendship I have. As I've stated in other comments/posts, I work with a group of women in a Lutheran Church quilting ministry. There is one relationship I've made there that fulfills my soul. Whenever she and I meet, we hug. When we part, we hug. She's told me my hugs are therapeutic. Her hugs are reassuring, genuine, robust! She is married, so within that restriction I know the connection cannot go any further. And, at the same time, I don't need the relationship to go anywhere but where it is!

Hoonah Alaska, mountains, streams, bears,eagles, humpback and killer whales plus my son his wife and five grandchildren. I'll be there in July.

@Akfishlady My son moved there in 98, married a native Tlinget had kids and now gives me a cheap place to stay in Alaska. I like to visit but couldn't live on an island.

Tenderness, nurturing, being helpful, observant, tolerance, kindness, patience, curiosity, acceptance, being comfortable in his/her own skin, and self awareness.

Quiet

A naked woman smiling back at me.

Hiking. The natural world for sure. For some reason baby animals

The mountains here in Arizona every day I get to look at them really everything about Arizona is beautiful just walking around my neighborhood I find beauty even in the most mundane things

Witty intelligence, dark mystery, love of animals and nature, joy in something most might find mundane or obscure.

Self love and respect. Kindness and boundless curiosity. Love of life's many forms. With these, other secondary attributes are guaranteed; things like respect, loyalty, tolerance, trustworthiness and such utter comfort in her presence that total surrender to her hasn't the slightest bit of apprehension. Actually meeting her? I should live so long...

I love watching someone perform a kindness for someone they don't know and have no expectations of anything in return. That is beauty in a person.

I love hearing couples gushing what they love about each other, when reading their personally prepared wedding vows to each other, often surprising their mate with their notice of little details of their mate's personality quirks. I wish romantic couples would spend more energy reminding each other what they love about each other. That is beauty in romance.

BTW - I've heard many a beautiful sentiments by couples standing where you took this photo, when I used to perform weddings at Snoqualmie Falls! That is beauty in nature!

compassion selflessness

A nature of being...

Etre Level 7 May 29, 2018

I have been so alone for so fucking long that beauty is just a naked bitch who stands there fucking laughing at me. I hope that helps.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:93359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.