Agnostic.com

5 3

IS WATERGATE PROOF OF THE RESURRECTION?

“I know the resurrection is a fact, and Watergate proved it to me. How? Because 12 men testified they had seen Jesus raised from the dead, then they proclaimed that truth for 40 years, never once denying it. Every one was beaten, tortured, stoned and put in prison. They would not have endured that if it weren't true. Watergate embroiled 12 of the most powerful men in the world-and they couldn't keep a lie for three weeks. You're telling me 12 apostles could keep a lie for 40 years? Absolutely impossible.”

? Charles W. Colson

KingofHarts 7 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Colson was convicted of trying to cover-up the President's involvement in Watergate, and since he was unable to hide the truth from the special prosecutor, he holds that as evidence the resurrection was a real event? Sounds reasonable. BTW, I can offer you a great deal on a bridge in Brooklyn.

lol

All I know is that history is written by the winners and the whole murder non-xtians thing that happened. I mean they could make turning water into wine if they wanted to...

@KingofHarts -- Please cite evidence that any of the story happened or that any of the characters actually existed. You do that and I'll consider what was just said.

See exhibit A: Napkin photo

Aha...! That explains everything.

Colson was never known for good reasoning. He still has not learned much.

Seems to be a reasonable assessment of human nature.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9382
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.