Agnostic.com

10 0

Hello everyone, I'm new here, just want to ask if you think religion will die off in the next 100 years, I know it took me over 5 years to finally give it up, but now thank god I'm free at last.

gleanerman 3 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh, hell no.

No, I don't - for the reasons already given.

Mine was a slide from well educated active lay person to less active, to angry at the church to doubter, to open agnostic, to atheist. My kids grew up going to church and two out of three are atheists and one likes to make conservative christian daddy happy. I think religion is dying out. Too many people the age of my kids aren't buying the bs any longer. Mega churches have gotten too greedy. College was the turning point for them.

Doubtful to be honest. With the way things are, ignorance is celebrated, education is being destroyed.... I don't see religion dying off unfortunately, at least not in the US.

Thank yourself... lol people often need a third entity to filter their actions... self responsibility for your own actions good and bad is just too tough for many people.

Growing up, I learned to question everything. So I studied all of the religions throughout human history. Turns out, they were and are, all fantasies. No matter what, there will always be zealots. Insanity is part of the chaotic nature of humanity.

The documentary Zeitgeist was an awakening for me.

Welcome here. It took me three times of reading the bible to finally be done with it.

In some parts of Europe riga mortise has already set into religion; religion is very dead, and has been for a very long time. Most of those huge churches in Holland are empty- or being turned into museums- even pubs. I believe it has to do with a better education system.

"Thank God" ?

Cultural inertia propels belief systems forward generation after generation, as it does wisdom derived from experience. I see no religions dying off any time soon.

Yep I agree they serve a function and until we come up with something people can replace it with it will continue

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9447
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.