Agnostic.com

34 16

I'm new and don't quite know how to work this thing. I don't have to kill any avatars to move up a level, just make witty, incisive or random posts? I did make one that said: Why the hell would God make a rock so big he couldn't move it? But it went into the "theology/philosophy" group and they were mostly serious so I deleted it. (And buried it above -- still a laff riot, huh?). I am so freakin glad to have found this site. Let's leave it at that. Can't wait till I graduate from kindergarten and can actually sent messages. Is that level 2? "I'm learnin' to fly, but I ain't got wings!" RIP, Tom. Former seminarian and agnostic for life. Hedging bets as a Unitarian but I'm a lapse Unitarian. And you know what follows that, don't you? That's as lapsed as it gets! Rimshot. Nice to meet you all. A group after my own heart, I'm thinking.

cflowerday 4 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a little known fact that at level 15 you get your own studio, podcast and personal assistant.

LOL

I want money!

oooo I'm looking forward to that personal assistant.. 😉 he might come in handy~~

Welcome fellow Nebraskan!! It is tough to be agnostic/atheist in this conservative state.

I'm new here as well. I posted a question the other day about using this site and what the icons mean, and I received a lot of helpful responses. I believe you can find my original post on my profile. 🙂

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

Good group of folks and most have a good sense of humor. Welcome!

Welcome home...

Hey

Welcome to the group!

I feel like I found my tribe...love the intelligence ...so much to learn....and by the way post whatever da Phuck you want ????

Not quite whatever da phuck you want.

@El-loco why not whatever da Phuck we want?

Hi and welcome😉

Welcome! And judging from the style of this post of yours, you'll fit right in. 🙂 I attended UU services for a while in grad school. Great group of people. My only frustration was that UU are SO respectful of everyone's personal spiritual journey, that I feel like it is frowned upon to really call out religious bullshit when it is staring them in the face. I got a little impatient with that. Call me Miss Congeniality! 😉

Welcome home 🙂

Ha! Welcome— I’ve been here about 20 minutes and I’m just figuring it out, too. (Am I talking about life, or this site? Who knows!)

All avatars are protected on this site. But if you do accidentally hurt one, someone on the site probably knows how to fix them.

I haven't tried posting anything in "theology/philosophy" yet, but judging by the response you got, it makes me feel as if I should... Just for funzies. And as far as rocks go, I suspect that God just gets confused trying to convert from Standard Weights to Metric System... thus never getting his rocks right.

I'm enjoying my time on here - although I live in the UK where we don't have all your religious problems, and very few door knockers or street-cornerees, so I can give you an idea of what it might be like over the pond one day, hopefully. Welcome.

Velcome! The points accumulate pretty fast... in the beginning.

skado Level 9 Dec 21, 2017

Welcome to our gang of smarty-pants misfits !

Welcome to the group #cflowerday! Glad you found us too. So many interesting people on here with a wide variety of topics to choose from. Don't be shy, drop a message if you like. and of course show us your witty side too! 🙂

how can you be a lapsed Unitarian? Welcome to the group. I havent read the posts below but I am confident they directed you to the score card. I am evidence of advancement in the absence of witty repartee.

It’s not why would god make a rock that he couldn’t lift, but rather the definition of god is faulted because you can make that observation.

You equally say: god could create a fart so loud and so forceful that he couldn’t stand against it. The problem lies with omnipotence.

I'd say it sounds more like the problem lies in his gastrointestinal tract.

Hahaha

Welcome-put your rock post back in if you want-anything goes here-surveys funny and serious, posts of all types.

Just have fun it'll happen

Welcome to the group. I have a month in and it's been fun. My mother in law constantly suggests that we join her Unitarian Church and we always manage not to. She says they accept atheists and agnostics. We say it's still a church. Organized religion? Cult? Forget it.

A better question is why would God create limits which we likely will never solve like the speed of light not even being fast enough to explore the cosmos. Or why he gave us a sun that will ultimately destroy us all.

I, too, am a former seminarian. I may post more about that later. I live in what feels like an isolated small town. I attended a Unitarian fellowship a few times, 30 miles away, but they disbanded. There is a liberal Friends meeting I've been to a few times, but it's over 50 miles away. Living in rural SC, being agnostic/atheist is not something one advertises. I'm fairly new here, too, but welcome! I hope you and I both can feel at home here.

Keep the posts coming. You're a funny guy. Strange coincidence, driving all the way across Nebraska on I-80 is what finally turned me into an atheist. I pleaded to God, "Please let this end.". He didn't answer so I assumed he didn't exist or was dead.

welcome, express yourself without Fear.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.