Agnostic.com

21 4

What topic could you spend hours talking about?

AmiSue 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

what ifs, Origins, humans, why....

Love to discuss human origins with you

Believe it or not, the Bible: who wrote it, why, when, the politics of the bible... I love those conversations.

@AmiSue @Benthoven do y'all think some kind of biblical or religious text group would be something that people would enjoy?

@hankster I suppose it would depend on the intention. Talking about the book in the context of what it is has always appealed to me, and I like entering into those conversations.

@Benthoven I don't see why you couldn't create a group just for that. or somebody could. I've already got a couple.

@Benthoven I would think they would be several people interested in just such a group. but perhaps not so many that it could get crazy.

@AmiSue that's why you would be valuable to the group.

@hankster If you set up such a group, I would be interested. I find biblical analysis and history and archaeology fascinating.

@CeliaVL lol... I was kind of hoping somebody else might.

@hankster I've already set up one group and got shouted at for doing it, so I am a bit wary of starting another!

@CeliaVL by whom? Admin?

anything science from Anthropology to Zoology (except Astrology, even if it ends with an g-y it's fake science).

Probably no topic. My brain tends to wander all over the pla......What was the question?

@AmiSue Easy for you to say. I can almost do it when l play. ?

Music...myth....mayhem

Musical groups, authors, movies, tv shows, programming languages, family, various types of sciences, philosophy, ancient pantheons, the four corners of the boxing ring that make up patient, health care, insurance, and the government. Of course, these things are things that I like. Otherwise I know nothing, nothing...

Aren't we all happy to spend hours talking about ourselves and our life experiences to a sympathetic listener?

Music, movies, and travels.

Oh girlfriend! You know the answers to that. =0} Dogs, cats, guinea pigs, reptiles, amphibians, insects, bacteria, virus', molecules.atoms,quarks, the Higgs Boson. Art, medicine, nutrition, ethics, politics. Do I get extra points towards my T shirt for extra words? I can go on forever. =0}

Science. Politics. Movies. Basketball. History.

Lol, my personal gripes. I tend to go on a long time about these, like a moron.

Music.... especially how and why it was composed. I particularly like to discover the main influences on the composer, whether it's Bach or Beethoven, Ravel or Dvorak, Count Basie or the Rolling Stones, Arvo Pärt or Jennifer Higdon... It's interesting to see the cross genre influences in music, especially in modern music, and how they intertwine the Masters into their works..... this includes taking the Poetry of Bob Dylan and putting it to minimalist music such as John Cage did...... but this is not a very popular form of conversation so I don't get to do it much

Art, gardening, the history of farming, welding, homesteading and some more, I'm sure.

That's a lot of topics. What is one you could focus on for hours and hours? For me, it would be none. They say too much of anything is not good -- and, for me, that goes for conversations also. 🙂

@BlueWave Gotta be art!

@farmboy2017 Awesome!!

@BlueWave It is!!

Philosophy and politics

Philosophy and politics

In no particular order: relationships, families, movies, musical theater, New York City, the ironies of life, creativity, human growth and development

1. the origin and nature of the universe
  2. neuroplasticity
  3. where rules for social order come from and why

How tired I am.

Music.... especially how and why it was composed. I particularly like to discover the main influences on the composer, whether it's Bach or Beethoven, Ravel or Dvorak, Count Basie or the Rolling Stones... It's interesting to see the cross genre influences in music especially in modern music and how they intertwine the Masters into the work

For me, there is none that meet that criteria.

ELON MUSK

Focus Level 1 June 1, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95255
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.