Agnostic.com

6 2

With 2 trillion known galaxies in the cosmos, just think how many gods there must be? If each galaxy has 300 million stars and roughly 17 billion estimated ( in our Milky Way) earth like planets in each galaxy. That's 17 billion x 2 trillion gods... Does this mean that our god is the right one out of this gaggle of gods? My math be off here by billions of gods.

Tourirst 7 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

maybe we can create a new star wars movie and name it the battle of the pollytheoistic gods of the romans return to make room for another god or godess that can take victory and leap over all the other galaxies like puddle jupping to make it over to the milky way to control us humans like puppets on a string lol

And how many gods on each planet?

Yea, those gods too! That would be 5,700 x that ( earth gods ) that's a lot more like us then...

perhaps somewhere they spelt it the wrong way around and it stuck.

And I thought there were only one trillion 999 billion 999 thousand 999 hundred and 99. Which one don't I know about?

No only the one creator,rest are mere demiurges

Funnily enough the gnostics said much the same in trying to explain why the OT god was so distasteful.The only explanation was that he was not the Supreme Being but a wicked demiurge.

… ‘well, it says right here in my bible’ … is what I expect would be the ‘response’ from the religionists we’re most familiar with.. But what an excellent point -- and I’ll go with your numbers 😉

Varn Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

Yes, there are probably millions/billions/trillions of made-up gods throughout the cosmos.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.