Agnostic.com

9 5

Today I had a visit from my home health nurse who happens to be a southern Baptist with a preacher husband. We were having a conversation about Jerusalem and the birth of the three religions.I commented how tRUMPs decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel would cause WorldWar III. My nurse Suzi went on to quote "Doesn't the Bible talk about the religious Wars"? I then asked her "Have you ever heard the Bible was written to control people? She looked at me like I had rocks in my head and said no. I was just curious what she would say.

sassygirl3869 9 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would be careful with her. Christians can rationalize anything they want to do and your health is in her hands.

Brainwashed .... so thankful I am no longer brainwashed.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 22, 2017

Well, she's obviously under control.

godef Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

Be careful when you go digging around in the head of a Christian. 😉

Be careful, Remember the god of the bible is an Avenging god!!!! ...the "gluten book" says so.

Aaah, but be careful if they're going to give you a shot ! Lol

...if she’s caring for anyone you care about ..you might just let her be… I’ll occasionally give thought to just how terrifying life must be for those in need of such idiotic beliefs. Then I’ll realize how terrifying it is for us knowing we’re surrounded by them!

..choose yur fuckin fights 🙂

Varn Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

if you have the power, you can create problems of biblical proportions. It's like telling someone,"I can predict the future! In about 10 minutes my nose is gonna start bleeding!" And then you go and tell someone to punch you in the nose....trumpling is trying to create the problem he wants to claim we have....ugh....UGH!

Now that you've satisfied your curiosity, what now? Will you pursue your train of thought or let her come to you or nothing at all?

SamL Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

I was raised a Jew and still think the Bible is bs. I have no problem with civil discussion. She is professional and doesn't try to prostllttyze me.

I have met many Jews who do not believe in god(s). They go to temple to enjoy Jewish culture. Their friends and relatives do not give them a bad time about being atheist, unless they are strict Orthodox, then they can be rigid. But most are tolerant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9553
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.