Agnostic.com

31 4

If you could ask 1 question to your future self, what would it be?

You get to ask only 1 question to the you of the future.
What would you ask?

silvereyes 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What were last weeks lottery numbers....

I have some pretty good ideas of the advice I would give younger me, so I think I would ask him, "What advice do you have for me". He's got a better idea than I do.

"What do you wish most I had done differently in this period of my life and why?"

I often imagine communicating with my future self, usually when I am frustrated or anxious, or disappointed about a relationship, as a way to gain perspective. I do this in both directions, thinking back to times in the past when I've imagined my future self and deciding what I would say now to me then.

With regard to disappointments, I often realize looking back that I'm glad I didn't get what I wished for.

To the 'me' of the future? Well, that's simple enough. "How does it feel being dead, dude?"

@silvereyes -- Well, in my case, I'd have to limit my trip into the future to something rather short term in order to avoid that scenario. Seems an awful waste of a time machine. Sort of like driving that new Ferrari to the end of the driveway and calling it quits.

Did you ever figure out where that other dollar went? Naw, just kidding. I figured that one out, long time ago.

I don't know. I'll have to think on it a while.

Any of the following seem like good questions:

• "What stocks should I invest in?"
  • "Are you happy?"
  • "What mistakes have you made that I should avoid?"
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9600
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.