Agnostic.com

11 6

LINK Private schools' curriculum downplays slavery, says humans and dinosaurs lived together - Orlando Sentinel

There is so much to say about this... but I'd be here all day. All I can say is... ugh.

poetdi56 7 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

UGH - UGH l double your UGH, and raise you another UGH!

Teaching children religion is school is Child Abuse.

That had to be in the Comic Section.

Not my Private Catholic School circa 60's.

That's horrible. Imperialism rears its ugly head.

I agree. Schools which are founded by religious and right wing political groups are likely to teach falsehoods which are part of their ideological dogma. Even in public school systems in South Carlina, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Parts of Georgia, parts of Florida and Tennessee choose textbooks which teach about slavery and the Civil War in a very slanted light. They also often choose books which eliminate any reference to evolution.

And through their purchasing clout, subsequently set the textbook agenda for the rest of the nation…

Additional dumbing down of the children . If they are successful we will become a fourth world nation.

‘A fourth world nation’ … a nation having once been on top of the world ..then alienating itself to the point of having no relations with any nation…? Aren’t we special 🙂

@Varn yup

@Varn Sad as hell. 😟

Poor kids…

Varn Level 8 June 1, 2018

Poor kids blind leading the blind shame

Rosh Level 7 June 1, 2018

Ugh is right.

Another in the long history of fake education. There are usually court challenges and rollback. In this case, perhaps parents will remove students, unless the parents are in agreement. I think the local school board has jurisdiction they can take action.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.