Agnostic.com

18 4

Rapture by 2018?

Claims about the rapture by 2018 decoded again. This time, it will be by January 20th from what they say. I’m quite amused by this, actually. There was supposed to be that rapture in May 21, 2011 that never happened while people were waiting in some of their most finest cloths, holding their bible, waiting for Jesus. Jesus never came.

This is a video about a new claim about the world ending again in 2018.
EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not another one ? How many do we have to put up with? I thought 2012 was the last

Since at least 2800 BC: [abhota.info] My favoirite: "Drawing from theology and astrology, German prophet Johann Jacob Zimmerman determined that the world would end in the fall of 1694. Zimmerman gathered a group of pilgrims and made plans to go to America to welcome Jesus back to Earth. However, he died in February of that year, on the very day of departure. Johannes Kelpius took over leadership of the cult, which was known as Woman in the Wilderness, and they completed their journey to the New World. Fall came and went and, needless to say, the cultists were profoundly disappointed at having traveled all the way across the Atlantic just to be stood up by Jesus. (Cohen p.19-20)"

The world will end before the end of January? Time to run up some immense debts. Buy sports cars in sets.

Another rapture? Lol.

If Trump has his way, we'll all get ruptured any day now- by nuclear war. Oh wait: it says RAPTURE. Same thing, more or less...

Doomsday has been preached for thousands of years...in thousands of different cultures

"Today is the five year anniversary of the end of the world." Lol

Awww shucks... I feel lucky. Not going to happen.

I like how they said on or after like they know we would call bs when they're wrong.

Well at least we get to have MLK day off before the big event.

Isn't the rapture some recent crap made up by a megacurch

No some people feel lifted when they think they're about to die so back in the old days they copyrighted this so they can possess people by saying don't you ever feel like... ect. My take on this is that we would initially reject the fact that we're dead. Just like your eyes widen when you realize something you thought impossible, but the faster you can accept this the faster you'll come down from your spiritual high.

This will ever happen neither life will go on after January 20

dc65 Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

Life will go on after January , as well as more years to come as more future generations will come.

@EmeraldJewel I think the human animal is the craziest animal on earth LOL

🙂 I love those too! My sister bought a place in a nice new neighborhood, with the only oddball’s being the family next door… They didn’t socialize, but the guy had massive tailgate and door-panel magnetic posters on his tuck advertizing the May 21-2011 event! I think he also had a website.. Anyway (lol), they were ‘left behind!’

The other neighbors, far more progressive than what I’m surrounded by, were considering leaving sets of clothes, pants, shirts & shoes on neighboring lawns … a couple of car doors left open.. They didn’t, but we laughed ourselves sick! Consensus was, if this guy’s this crazy - ‘I don’t want to piss him off’...

So there’s a new one? I’m sure the Trumpeters are praying as we speak 😉

Varn Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

There is no rapture, there never will be a 'rapture' and anything that is biblically considered a prophecy is no more than predicting something that has already happened.

The world is always about to end, seems to me that if they make the prediction enough times it has to be right sooner or later. Meanwhile I plan to get my I Survived the End of the World card stamped again next year, too. How about you?

Yep! I’m still alive and kicking. Haven’t been to hell, either.

@EmeraldJewel , the way I understand it that if you get 10 stamps you get the eleven free; I am now on my third card.

I keep telling people that if they really believe in the rapture and they're so certain that it's happening by a certain date, then I'd be all-too-happy to accept their life savings as a show of their unwavering faith. They can sign over all of their property and belongings to me, effective on the date they are so certain the rapture will happen, and then they will have proven to the world that they have the courage of their convictions.

So… I’ve an uncle who was ‘certain,’ so he’d sold his home, vehicle and positions prior to, having given it to the church. Heads to Texas.. then home with tail twixt legs… Turns out - the ‘SDA’ compound they were at became HQ for David Koresh and the Branch Davidians! Glad my uncle returned, but I doubt he’ll ever live that down.

Lol I’ll be next in line to collect their belongings.

Scripture says you won't be able to figure out when the rapture will be, so all the prophesies about the rapture are false according to scripture. And since there is no god to rapture anything... Sometimes I just shake my head and sometimes....

I think the reason there is no date in the scriptures is because the people who wrote it didn’t even know so they put hat particular scripture down as they didn’t want to make the Bible inaccurate.

I remember Obama was said to be the antichrist (kinda related)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9633
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.