Agnostic.com

32 0

What are your dating dealbreakers?

ArtfulBliss 5 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Smokers-tried visiting fellow member here who is a chronic chain smoker and I can't handle cigarette smoke any more. My parents, my exes and gf all smoke cigarettes and I got leukemia not them.
Bigots-anyone who does not believe in diversity-LGBTQ rights, vs races, religions, national origins, disabilities and supports trumpism in any ugly form of it..

Stupid and voting Republican! Sorry, that was redundant. Needy is a big turnoff for sure. No sense of humor.

Drinking to excess (getting drunk)
Chain smoking
Believing in gods or ghosts
Criminal record for anything violent
Having no sense of humor
Rudeness
Apathy
Not talking or only taking about themselves
Not wanting to know anything about me and what I am into
Being on the phone during a meal
Inconsiderate of others
Throwing trash on the ground
There are more, but that's enough for now

What's this "dating" you speak of?

Right wingers.

Dogmatic fanatics and tRumpers.

Alcohol and/or substance abuse

Trump Voter covers a great many deal breakers, Evangelical most of the rest.

Good point... some single factors bring a boatload of others along with them. A Trump supporter really does carry a shit-list of things along with them.

Smoking for sure, religious, conservative

Not curious about things, not offering to chip in on the meal, being rude to wait staff, not laughing fully, touching me aggressively (some women think playful hitting is an acceptable form of self expression - they are wrong), being negative about things in my life (I'm a vegetarian atheistic poly guy that plays a lot of music, does martial arts, and loves science. I don't hide this; I like me and see no reason to change those qualities. You'd be surprised how some people think I'm from Neptune), expecting me to do everything in the meeting (I don't mind driving, but I shouldn't have to do 50 minutes of the hour drive each time if she has a car as well). Basically, non- partner behavior. Sounds simple? It isn't...

Posting old photos and no new ones. Lying about age and then claiming it was a typo. ALL are outright lies. I have a very low tolerance to lies. Lies are 90% of what makes online dating fail to work for us. And that's no lie!

Smoking. I dated a smoker who left during concerts, movies and baseball games because she couldn't go 2 hours without a cigarette. The concert one was a real pisser because I had second row tickets for the B-52's.

Racist, smoking, self-absorbed, 7ft tall. Religious zealots.
And probably heavy extrovert. They will suck my energy dry.

jab60 Level 6 June 1, 2018

Smoking....can not even be in with 100 feet of it.

No Neocons

cava Level 7 June 1, 2018

Closed minds and bad hygiene. You really need to take a bath with or without perfumed soaps. At least on the first date.

20 minutes into a first conversation over coffee she said, "Black people don't work as hard as white people do." We have a long ways to go as a society.

. Trumpeteer
. God/Jesus/Praying
. No awareness of current events (a volcano is erupting in Hawaii?)
. Conversation hogging (keeps telling endless stories, about self, no interest in me)
. Poor table manners

Probably the biggest deal breaker is if the person smokes. My sinuses are sensitive enough that a smoker sitting six feet away who is not smoking will still bother me, because of the stench in their clothes, hair and body odor.

I agree!. I can smell a smoker from the car ahead of me on the freeway.

Cigarettes

Refusing the date, or not showing up.

Ha ha.... yes, those are deal-breakers!

Being married 58 years.

Probably the reason why Im still single (well one of them) non-smokers. I live my life however shortened it may be and I don't need any disapproval.

Everything is negotiable..... let's keep it simple

i havent dated since I was 19 but I'd say not paying for our dates. There isn't anything wrong with it, it's just not what my type of man would do. I like to think I'm good at reading people so any sociopath, psychopath, or heavy narcissist vibes would be a deal-breaker. * and smoking. I just can't date a smoker.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.