Agnostic.com

18 2

How to you relate to artifical intelligence? Do you fear it or support it?

Marine 8 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First of all I find many do not understand it and therefore fear it. I am totally in support of it and the possible advances it might provide in medicine, astrophysics, technology , music art etc. It is opening new areas of intelligence that have never been explored before. Maybe it will provide some answers that need solving soon.

Careful Marine... you're being dangerously logical.
😉

Personally, I have never encountered it, to the best of my knowledge.

Every time you search via Google, you use an AI.

@EdEarl Then it has it's benefits. I really didn't think that through did I.

The super smart AI cannot be controlled. Less smart can be controlled. I fear a powerful Trump having control over ubiquitous AI and becomming a Stalin or Hitler. I'm less fearful of the super smart AI, because it may be our only hope of surviving past 2100.

it seems weird

I support it. I don't subscribe to the doomsday scenario that is constantly bantered about, especially in cinema (obvious leader there, Terminator).

Nothing to fear. It might be as intelligent as an 8 year old. How many 8 year olds are you afraid of?

There's a pretty fearsome one living up the street from me.

That depends on who did the programming.

I have been wondering why when we see videos of those so called sex robots why are they always women? So disappointed, he,he.

Neither, I guess. I do not fear it, but I’m really indifferent about it. I can take it or leave it.

I view it as a tool that can be used to help and advance mankind, but I'm pretty sure it will also be used for nefarious purposes too.

It’s just programming. There’s no consciousness. Nothing to fear.

It's probably more intelligent than a lot of humans.

It might save the day.

I prefer real intelligence.

Support it. One day I hope technology becomes so advanced I will be able to merge my brain with AI (think video game Deus Ex).

Cool with me, it might be better than the "intelligence" we already have.

I support it yes...though we are a long way off from achieving actual true A.I.
I am however reminded of Stephen Hawkin's warning about the real dangers of A.I.
He seemed specifically concerned about how this may well end up being fraught with potential consequences for thd future of mankind.

Hawking wasn't too keen on putting the directions to our planet on golden records aboard the Voyager spacecraft either.

@Paul628 Absolutely correct...why give them coordinates, directions, cooking guidelines, and serving suggestion..He was right too.

@Hitchens Twilight Zone 🙂

I never think about it.....inventions always come out even if not good for us....deal when the time comes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96475
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.