Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Metacognition is good for you

The benefits of thinking about thinking

Faithless1 7 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Way cool.

need to think on that.

That's how I used to teach my students how to play tennis. I'd tell them to stand there and do nothing while I hit a ball past them, but to think about the right time to hit the ball.

I'd lob the ball past them about five times, then tell them to hit it and from then on, they didn't miss. I had instant tennis players.

I also taught instant speed-reading, and instant phonetic reading, having kids ages two to high school age go from knowing nothing to speed-reading in about 20 minutes, or less.

This even worked with learning disabled kids and later on, with Thai kids who didn't know English..they could read aloud in English even if they didn't know what it meant, although with Thai kids, I skipped the speed reading part.

Cool! That could be useful. I tend to think about thinking, but not in that practical a manner.

Yeah sure. Thinking is healthy anyway, I think people should do it more, and also think about doing it more. I think they should also think about thinking to do it more.

I can believe that metacognition, does help with our life in general...I do keep tabs on myself thinking! Sometimes, it surely gets off in the weeds though!

That’s a cool article! I could have used this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96795
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.