Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK So I might be in for a wild night

They are talking about 75mph winds, possibly hail. Nebraska can be a wild ride in the spring.

HippieChick58 9 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You Midwesterners have all the fun. 😟

Be careul-Take good care wow.

In my part of Omaha we had quite the storm but never lost power. My river birches dropped gobs if branches. The dogs were not happy with the weather!

Ohub Level 7 June 2, 2018

I had almost 2 inches of rain, and discovered I had not capped the bucket that I keep potting soil and soil amendments in. It is quite a goopy mess this morning. I woke up a few times from the crashing. The kitties sat by the glass deck door enjoying the show.

Shit ..I just mentioned that to a Nebraskan leaving the site… I’d spent a day in Blair 3 summers ago, and asked why paint was missing and so many windows were broken on the south side of buildings.. I was told it had been a massive hail storm! And that the worst damage occured at the various new car dealerships.

My father’s family moved from there to Oregon ..where I’d just sold ‘their’ century homestead to pay for a divorce. Roaming town, while describing it to my dad, I kept looking for the sprinkler heads in everyone’s yards … till realizing, unlike Oregon, they get summer rain, and apparently lots of it! ..farm land so rich I took off my sunglasses to confirm it’s darkness. Didn’t bother looking for relatives, the pain of losing the family farm was too raw, sometimes those sunglasses did double duty … but glad I hammered down the tarlined backroad off the interstate to see it.. Hold on tight ~

Varn Level 8 June 2, 2018

I'm outside KCMO and storms are rolling in. Hope you're ok.

At least you don't have many of those pesky trees to be blown over and mess things up. Does that help? ☺ Please be safe.

Omaha is a designated tree city, we got lots of em. Mine are still standing. I got through pretty much unscathed.

@HippieChick58 Did it get bad?

Heck, and I thought you were bragging.
😉

Be careful, please.

Everything blew over, we got lots of rain but I don't have any damage. I will be leaving home shortly and take a good look of the city as I am out and about.

Spring? I thought summer had officially started. 😉

This is true, we pretty much skipped spring weather wise, but the storms are a spring thing.

@HippieChick58 Trying to pick a fight with the hurricane season, perhaps. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.