Agnostic.com

9 0

Who or what?

What person, event, or realization made you second guess religion and become agnostic?

JDevil 3 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being born more or less started it off lol 🙂

A family member telling what sect of faith I should believe in. It's a person choice to be an non believer or a religious fool. I prefer the term atheist for me.

When I was very young the stories from the bible that directly contradicted reality such as the star that shown over the manger of “our savior” made me question the truth value of church's (faith (assertions made without evidence and promoted as truth)) claims.

I honestly thought religions were invented by adults to control children and ALL adults were aware that religion was make-believe but played along (like the Santa clause bribe) to keep children afraid and compliant.

It wasn’t until much later that I realized many adults did not grow-up out of religion.

I thought all grown-ups would realize reality, with it’s testable facts is a better means to find the truth then to employ religious faith with it’s baseless unsupported assertions. I guess I value truth (things that can be demonstrated) more the those that depend on religion.

The easter bunny . When I found the marshmellow egg carton in trash the gig was up , Santa , Jesus ,tooth fairey easter bunny all a lie

I’m actually not agnostic or atheist, but I do reject church dogma, especially Christianity. I was raised in a Baptist Church and subjected to the normal hell and brimstone rants, however, my mother was very critical of those rants. My father once told me that I didn’t have to believe what the preacher said, and that I could believe whatever I wanted. The stage was set. I buckled to peer pressure and lied, saying that I accepted Jesus as my savior, and I was baptized. (Well, it’s hard when the peer is a sexy girl.)

The answer to the question is that my wonderful parents were broad-minded.

The Bible and a religious parent.

The Bible. Even if all that magic is true, why would i worship a god that rewards child molesters, murders babies and stones women to death?

Majic is about right...why do we need this false blanket of security from some ancient, benevolent, as yet unseen being??? Get real and start taking full responsibility for your own life and actions....right?!???

I always had questions but no answers. I thought that was life. I didn’t even know it was possible to not believe a god(s) exsisted. Then I found Atheism on YouTube and answers to my questions.

Quit going to church at 14. Quit believing in my 20's. It happened gradually over that period.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97003
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.