Agnostic.com

15 3

What objective media do you use to get updated on current events?

MyLiege 7 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I mostly get info form my local NPR (National Public Radio) station. I might get some info from Facebook, but it is a real pain to have to fact check stuff from there.

The key word in the question by MyLiege is 'objective'.
Most answers are referring to left or right leaning media.
Neither of them are objective.
Barring NPR, PBS, BBC, Vox and a few others, mainstream media
has become a cesspool of one sided views.
As much as I like Maddow & Todd, I find it difficult to put up with an entire
hour of their trash talking and demeaning even though what they say is mostly true.
How about giving us some real news like we got before the pit bulls took over the media.

Truth.

Npr and pbs

Mostly MSNBC. I like Stephanie Ruhle, Ari Melber, Chuck Todd and absolutely love Joy Reid.

I try to avoid news etc but it still trickles through and most of it is bullshit

I like Above the Fold for environmental and health info. It is an accumulator site that has an option for a daily email.
For everything else nbcnews dot com.

MSNBC-I trust them to cover all sides.

wowl.....I'm rather disappointed that not one alternative news source was mentioned below for an alternative minded community. That really blows a developing theory of mine into redevelopment. As do some recent reply's to some of my post 😟 My favorite investigative journalist is Abby Martin. Currently working mostly from teleSur. You can find an English version of their sites. She is an actual investigative journalist who often actually puts herself in harms way to get to the truth of world issues. Like Palestine, Venezuela, the Middle East, And country's in South and Central America. You can find some of her work on her site here>>>[theempirefiles.tv] She also has a facebook page to follow her on. Others would be The Real News Network, Common Dreams, Thruthout, Medium, right off the top of my head. If you'd like some help finding the sites feel free to let me know. Common Dreams is one I've been following for several years. If you get them from their web sight, although on facebook also, the members on the web site provide a quite intelligent comments section. They have no reluctance to call out certain writers for them when they post an establishment friendly article. Unfortunately, that is one downfalls that has come into CD over the years. The Real News Network is another one I've been following for years. I especially like when they have chats with Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson. A hard critic to the Afghan and Iraq wars. Although I'm deeply disappointed in TRNN's addition of adding Nina Turner to the program, it's a very good source of good news.

Google Newsstand gives me news articles from a wide variety of sources; it's a useful little app, to be sure.

Google news

MSNBC

NPR aND CNN. Most people in Oklahoma would say FOX, but that's their problem.

I tend to look to Associated Press for facts. When I was in the media, we always got our source stories from AP. Reporters and networks generally get their basic news information from AP (at least that's the way it was done when I was working in the media) and then rewrite it rater than just read it as it come across the wire so every reporter isn't reading the exact same thing.

I also tend to listen to National Public Radio. I like them because they offer BBC news. That gives you the European perspective on what is happening here in the US.

Duke Level 8 Dec 22, 2017

it is hard to know what to choose anymore WP, NYT

Just facebook, twitter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.