Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Supreme Court Decides In Favor Of Baker Over Same-Sex Couple In Cake-Shop Case : NPR

BREAKING NEWS IN THE USA

I personally think this was the right decision and at 7-2, there is little doubt that the supreme court did as well.

As I've often said, a democrat baker should not be forced to bake a trump rally cake nor should a black baker be forced to bake a KKK rally cake.

TheMiddleWay 8 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do agree with you on this one.

A travesty even though they did say the verdict wouldn't necessarily hold to other similar cases. They can still site this case which is a shame

I posted about this too.

My conclusion was that if Trump attempts to pardon himself, it is like pleading guilty to an impeachable offense. Even if he were legally able to pardon himself he could not stop impeachment proceedings to remove him from office.

You may have overlooked that the Supreme Court did not decide the substance of the issue. They instead decided that the baker's due process rights had been violated by the State of Colorado.

Owner-occupied housing with 4 or fewer rental units is currently exempt from federal anti-discrimination laws, although in some cases state laws may apply.

Similarly, I think that a sole proprietorship business with few employees should in general be exempt from anti-discrimination laws. Mom and Pop bakers and photographers are not Walmart, and should not be forced to choose between violating their conscience and going out of business.

@TheMiddleWay Unfortunately you are mistaken. SCOTUS only ruled that Colorado had exhibited prejudice against religious people so they nullified their actions against the baker. They specifically reserved the right to say something different if a fair procedure had been held.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.