Agnostic.com

9 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's bullshit. To each its own...I don't care who zoomin who personally but can't make people accept shit they find offense...it's against their constitutional rights as well. Whatever kinda sex you like...keep it to yourself.

This is just one of many such studies that show that persons with PREJUDICE against others generally hve a lower intelligence That this study focused on prejudice against gays is not a relevant as the fact the people with prejudices generally have lower intelligence levels no matter what their prejudices are.

@snytiger6 ok. Check EQ levels versus IQ levels....resonates clearer

I think prejudice against gay people by straights is a form of xenophobia.

I would never have guessed.

Racism is the most horrid form of blame and displacement as well as Jean Paul Sartre said people who hate their living situation project it on to others In America it’s Blacks , Jews, Hispanics, LGBT , always women!!!!!!

Spot on. When all the targets are taboo - women are fair game.

Tribal thinking is instinctive for humans. We evolved in human tribes that survived by excluding those who were noticeably different, and warring against tribes who were distinctly different. It's also instinctive to shun people like homosexuals who do not conform to group norms, especially when it comes to the important business of bringing forth new life. Regarding the relationship between the sexes, women have always been accorded more respect and rights in European cultures than what one sees in other cultures. Unfortunately, total sexual equality may prove to be a fatal mistake as it has resulted in birth rates well below replacement levels in all western nations. Unless we correct this we can expect to be replaced by something much more primitive, such as Islam culture.

You can't compare racism to homophobia...it's like comparing apples to oranges hun. Race is a social construct developed hundreds of years ago to legitimize involuntary servitude of African POWs...he'll homosexuality was just taken off the mental illness list of diagnosis in 1970s due the liberals behind it. My knee jerk reaction to any form of discrimination is ...live and let live, nevertheless my rights end where the next fellow begin. Marriage was established to protect the heirs of a heterosexual union-Marriage is a business affair!

@skeptic99 , Islamic Culture being PRIMITIVE!!!! YOU BETTER GO BACK AND READ YOUR HISTORY. When Rome was sacked and burnt...Islamic culture was able to offer up a lot of literature saved in their libraries not mention the academic contributions given to society between 700-1100 in Iberian regions. I am not Muslim, Jew or Christian. But I give credit where credit is due.

@skeptic99 pedersty, or pedophilia and homosexuality was the norm for ancient Greek emperors and elitists...is this not the foundation for the western world? Sooo, my question is who tribal origins are we speaking on?

@Honey4Oshun The sexual practices of ancient Greeks has always puzzled the Anglo-Saxon world of the past couple hundred years. What does one make of these claims of sex with boys and casual homo-erotic affairs by what seemed to be otherwise normal men? I'll admit, I'm baffled and have no explanation. Despite this kind of behavior, Greek men seemed to all have wives and all understood the duty to produce children and heirs to keep the culture going. Sex for procreation purposes seemed absolutely essential, and whatever else these men did, they took care of this primary business as well. So I guess it worked for them. In our world over the past couple hundred years we have considered sexual practices and a lifestyle that do not produce children, whether they be heterosexual or homosexual, to generally be degenerate behavior, with "degenerate" specifically meaning not reproducing. Basic human reproduction is, after all, the primary reason we exist.

@Honey4Oshun Regarding Islamic culture from 900 years ago, I question how much it has in common with the Islamic fanaticism we see today. Building libraries and pondering algebra are to be lauded. Cutting off heads, car bombings, and other jihadi activities that characterize what passes for present-day Islam have little in common with the earlier Islam you speak of. ISIS is a return to primitivism no matter how you look at it.

@Honey4Oshun I will agree with you that marriage in the modern world is a civil contract for the purpose of providing a stable environment for bringing children into the world and raising them to maturity. There are penalties for breaking the contract by either partner. With this in mind, I am still amazed that older women expect and demand the marriage contract from older men they get involved with. If two people are past the age they will bring children into the world, then what sense is there for either of them to expect marriage? Yet most older women still seek this.

@skeptic99 heterosexuals not having children from experience is one of the least unselfish act in the world...not degenerate. Children require a lot that some people realize they don't have it to give and also there's genetic deficiency they don't want to pass on to a an innocent child that will do more harm than good in the long run....and as for old people getting married that's not feasible or sensible for the working poor especially. It merges your social security and you whine up economically struggling as a couple...naw not a good idea.

Islamic Culture has nothing to due with people who choose to establish and permeate their own ideology similar to the klu klux klan and Christianity- one being an aberration of the other you think? The klan is to America as ISIL is to the middle east you think?

@skeptic99 I’m not sure of some of your premises but less white folks is certainly no issue for me. You right about the decrease in whites but that’s not a problem and this country can survive with people of color and other minorities in running the big show. I don’t include women and in fact it’s time for a huge change ... women running the country

@Honey4Oshun I agree with your points and conclusion. Attacking Islam is racist and nothing can justify it. And saying Islam is primate right... ah for years from 950 to1400 Islam in North Africa to Persia had hospitals, advanced medicine, algebra, Astronomy, huge libraries such as Alexandria, Damascus, adapting Greek philosophy of Plato and Aristotle which the Europeans barrowed back. Had actually given Jews rights which would occur much later in Europeans where Antisemitism was an art only Napoleongabe the Jews similar rights as Islam had. Many people have a bias re: their historic treatment of women... yes perhaps but I must remind people of how women are treat here where women are murder, sexual exploitation, job/pay at lower rates then men for the same job or that old white Christians insist on controlling women’s reproductive rights . Ivan go on but I’ll put you all to sleep

@Honey4Oshun Except the KKK is dead. ISIS is still alive and killing.

@Honey4Oshun Well too many white heterosexuals are being too generous. We are rapidly dying out with our low birthrates all over the world. By the end of this century whites will probably be less than 33 percent of the US population, and I'm sure less than ten percent of the global population. Baring a major revolt, all of Britain and most of Western Europe will be majority non-white by the end of the century. Just too much altruism and generosity.

@skeptic99 you people of european western stock 99.9%. Right? Being so-called white a very new phenomenon established in the Americas in the 1600...depletion of this segment of the Earth population is a myth if you basing it on phenotype only....relax. your politics causes these fears....

I will speculate that people with more "education" are less prejudiced against LGBT issues... and naturally, people with more education tend to have higher cognitive abilities. BUT! I do not think highly eucated people are supportive of the LGBT agenda because they have higher intelligence. Knowing what I do about what now passes for education, I'd say the more "educated" a person is the more brainwashed with liberalism they are. After all, a major part of all levels of public education is behavior conditioning through teaching liberal norms. People with low IQs rarely get post secondary education; in fact, they often drop out of school by age 16 and learn little while in school -- including liberal brainwashing. They are simply impervious to it. It's worth noting that highly educated people fifty or one hundred years ago were generally opposed to homosexuality and anything pertaining to it. Those were the norms then. Simply put, we are all more or less brainwashed today -- especially the well educated among us.

Aye you saying homosexuality should be made illegal again? You know...since we've all been brainwashed and stuff.

Just so I know to block you or not.

@skeptic99

Well done. Your neo Nazi style drivel has just earned you a block.

Sorry but your words started to feel like quicksand and I found myself getting stuck but perhaps I didn’t fully understand what I read

@Millerski25 Perhaps not.

Say what!!! Does anyone on this site challenge such premises. If one has at least one false premise then your conclusion is false

Hmmm shocker.

These types usually abandon NASA and make cakes instead.

Funny and too clever

Duh! 😉

I can't say this surprised me.

JimG Level 8 June 4, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.