Agnostic.com

38 10

Do you see it as child abuse forcing kids to go to Church when they are clearly sick?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When they are perfectly healthy also.

It was being forced to attend church that made me sick ! the most boring hour of my childhood life.

It is child abuse when they are not sick ! saturating a child's brain with sheer nonsense should be a crime.

I have found it sad to see parents condition their children without tempering that condition with nothing else. Unfortunately life on this planet is cheap, easy to create, easy to destroy. People kill people for the slightest infractions -- when looked at from the outside. While I find a lot of things reprehensible, I also know that people are lifting themselves up with their own bootstraps.

xyz123 Level 7 June 12, 2018

Forcing a child to go to an institution that is well known for child molestation and fills their heads with horrible images of demons and eternal torture and overarching monitoring for sin in thoughts and actions - Well it sure sounds like child abuse to me. Dragging them into that den of iniquity when they are physically ill is even more heinous.

Coercion and Force are Abuse no matter how you slice it

Well, yes. But then, I think it's borderline neglect to take them to church at the best of times... But if they are clearly ill, absolutely. They should be home in bed resting. Or getting medical attention from a trained medical professional, depending on the severity of the illness...

Taking children to church for other than the music is abuse

If a child is sick, the number one priority is to help them to get better, nothing else comes before that. Putting something before that for whatever reason is neglect.

There was a woman who was in labor and got the idea to wait cause she wasn’t going to allow the birth of the baby to get in her way of phrasing zombie Jesus.

Abuse? Probably not...

Dickish behavior to their children and others? Without a doubt...

Yes. - - - and depending on the level of bat-shit assertions the church promotes, also child abuse when they are not sick and forced to stomach such nonsense.

Of course!

It's abuse to force them to do anything (except go to the hospital) when they area clearly sick.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.