Agnostic.com

7 1

Imagine, if you will, that you live in a nation where the government is not human, but is artificial intelligence - and actually really is VERY intelligent.

This 'artificial intelligence govenment' will implement policies to achieve a 'simple goal' - and will do so on an absolutely pragmatic basis. Whatever works to maximise that goal will happen. Whatever doesn't work towards that goal will be ignored. Whatever acts against that goal will be actively opposed.

What 'simple goal' would you want that artificial intelligence to try and implement?

It's difficult to think of a perfect one, but for me it woyld be something like - "Maximise the average 'contentment with life' of the population".

ToakReon 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Natural stupidity will beat artificial intelligence every time.

But only at being stupid.

Elimination of poverty. It can be done.

With a ‘President Data?’ 😉 I’d suggest we program a ‘decennial reset’ at which time to return control to ‘humanity’ before allowing another decade of ..control by artificial intelligence… Sounds like the premise for a movie I’d watch 🙂

You described what my ultimate goal would likely be, but if this were applicable for only one nation, and not the entire planet, we’d have to allow for our defence against ‘the Russia’s of the world’... Nations still controlled by malevolent dictators..

Varn Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

to leach out of the common man

I read all that in the twilight zone tone.

I'm all for technology. Even if it turns out we're in the matrix, or we're controlled by robot overlords.

The goal I'd push is controlled procreation.

In Dan Brown’s “Inferno” a group released a compound that would make the majority of humanity sterile. When the movie came out the plot was reversed and they were stopped. I loved the book and hated the movie. Controlled population is something that must be addressed in the near future. Even if we figure out climate change in time, the population problem will bite us in the ass. Figuring how the problem can be addressed fairly is something mankind should be working on but it seems to be entirely overlooked. Even Al Gore in his new book and movie on climate, I understand, entirely fails to ever bring it up.

Gee... I asked my wife this question and she said huh? Lol!
I say to achieve a life for humans to live without medicine's.This is more complicated them it seems.
I feel we can accomplish the population crisis and the food crisis. We will never have one nation rule.

Provide free healthcare to all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9985
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.