Agnostic.com
4 10

When I volunteered at the Humane Society, we were taught some cat psychology tricks. One is the slow eye blink. Have you ever seen your cat do this? You can do it to a cat to gain trust. Slowly open and close your eyes, shutting them for a few seconds at a time. It means "I trust you enough to shut my eyes" (as opposed to watching you like a hawk).

Another lesson was the stereotypical anecdote of guests at a party in a cat's home. The cat lovers are ogling the cat and reaching out to it - all rather threatening behaviors. Meanwhile, the person who is NOT a cat person is avoiding eye contact and keeping her hands to herself. Guess who the cat gravitates to? The one who is not a cat person!

nicestuff 7 Jan 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I knew both of these! I have a card from my sister that says "I slow blink you so much!" lol.

Hathacat Level 9 Jan 23, 2021

That's what we do with a cat that's in the Cat Pawsitie Pro training at Simply Cats. The first thing that they learn is the slow blink.

Spudgun Level 7 Jan 20, 2021

I always do the blink with my kitties.

I've tried the ''slow blink'' with Sherman. He already trusts me, of course, but I had the feeling he thought "Oh, she's sleepy, too."

LucyLoohoo Level 9 Jan 20, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 32

Photos 9,026 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday cuteness

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMy kind of war…

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2How I feel...Reality...

Posted by Dave375Best buddies now!

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,536Top