Agnostic.com
4 10

I agree with this. Cats must be won over whereas dogs love anyone who feeds them.

Killtheskyfairy 9 Sep 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think in general, cat people do not have a need to control, while dog people are not comfortable with an animal they cannot control.

After 57 years, cats STILL have things to teach me. I never realized that they understand who has rescued them and what that means. I suspect the converse is true, when a prior person or family surrenders them. They are not so aloof as many think.

Zster Level 8 Sep 13, 2021

All my cats have had different personalities. They have all made their own wants known to me. I have pleased each of them as it has pleased each of them to please me.

anglophone Level 9 Sep 13, 2021

My dad grabs a cat by the paws and preses them until they scream in pain. I consider myself a cat behaviorist. I rescued 4 cats. 2 at the farm, two at mom's. Believe it or not, but I can call all four of them by name, and lots of times they come running to me! Tommi, I have to call her name twice. Usually on the first call, she raises her head. The second time she comes running. High stepping. Ambrocious comes running sometimes. He is the gossiper of the cat world. lol When I call his name, he meows 5X. Turdley comes to me when he is picking on Simba when I call his name. Simba is probably 12. He recognizes his name, but rarely ever comes over when I call. He usually just looks at me and purrs loudly.

Tommi purrs so loud when she sleeps by me that she often keeps me awake!

Cats and humans have the same basic emotions. Hunger, fear, pain, affection. They just convey it a little different. When you know what signs to look for, you can figure them out. I still can't get the little one to stop stealing my food! He was abused severely. It took months for him to act like a cat and not a frightened kitten. Now he is so fearless, it's not even funny. I let him get away with all sorts of things. lol

Your father sounds like a sadistic monster.

Cats will know their names if you teach them. My beloved cat, Lola, who died in 2019 after 17 years with me, always came when you called her. She knew she was getting fed, a treat or a window opened for her to sit. My cat, Xena always looks and mostly comes when I call. Her sister, Zoe, comes if I say the word treat more so than at her name.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 21

Photos 9,026 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPoster kitty!

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday cuteness

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMy kind of war…

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2How I feel...Reality...

Posted by Dave375Best buddies now!

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,536Top