Agnostic.com
8 6

Do you think my cat will ever figure out that he needs to keep his captured prey outside unless he wants me to take it away from him?

Last week there was one baby rabbit and two gophers. Today there's been a bird and the lizard in my living room!

I am terrified that he will hide something under a chair and I won't find it till it starts stinking.

No I can't keep him outside because I have a doggie door and my doggie needs it.

Lorajay 9 Apr 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My breakaway collars with a bell came in.I put one on my cat and within 2 seconds he had it off. I put it back on and he's has left it alone for about 15 minutes now.

I hope gophers are all deaf.

Lorajay Level 9 Apr 27, 2022

Yesterday Frankie laid a large sized bird next to the potty box. I don’t know how he got it through the sliding door that was slightly cracked for him to get through.

Susieq Level 7 Apr 27, 2022

Only two lizards today and one of them was only half dead so I threw him into the bushes and wished him well.

Lorajay Level 9 Apr 26, 2022

He is bringing you presents & you are accepting them. Enjoy your treasures!

AnneWimsey Level 9 Apr 25, 2022

A collar with a bell will at least give her potential prey a chance of escaping.

SnowyOwl Level 8 Apr 25, 2022

I've been told he might hang himself if I put a collar on him. I try to harness it lasted one hour, I think they may have breakaway colors I'm going to look on Amazon, thank you.

I should have done this a long time ago hope it works. I really don't mind him getting the gophers though.

@Lorajay The threat of him hanging himself are very slight indeed and he is killing how many birds per week? Much more likely that he will get hit by a car or attacked by a dog, in which case he becomes an indoor cat if that's the concern. Of course, he's not my pet and it's not my decision, just offering a solution.

@SnowyOwl they should arrive tomorrow.

This is why my kitty girls are inside only. When I was a teenager we had a cat that went outside. One day while I was sick at home, thoroughly wrapped up in my covers, my stepmother let my cat into the house not noticing that Cocoa had a bird in her mouth. She proceeded to hop on up on my bed and start to eat said bird. I kicked my feet and knocked the birdie off the bed and grabbed Miss Cocoa by the tail, and hollered for a parent's assistance. My dad heard my hollers and sent the step up. She grabbed bird carcas and took it to the covered trash can. Kitty girl tried to find the birdie and had not luck. She came back and set on the foot of my bed and scolded me! She was a Siamese and quite a talker. She got over it, and I've never forgotten.

I don't know what you will ever be able to do with the cat coming in and out the doggie door.

Sadly, in this era of declining bird populations, it would be better to keep our cats indoors, as outdoor domestic cats account for hundreds of millions of bird deaths each year.

at least he brings you something! too much expectation from a cat 😀 he loves you for sure!

Diaco Level 7 Apr 25, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 9,001 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness...Family!

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness

Posted by KilltheskyfairyTwo states…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyTwo states…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyLunar cat eclipse?

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by AppleriverNew Starbucks Barista

Posted by KilltheskyfairyApproximately 500,000 cats served on both sides of the trenches on the western front.

Posted by AppleriverThis kitty hates Mondays as much as I do

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Saturday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning selfie...

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness...Just 1 more treat Ma!

Posted by snytiger6That moment when you realize ...

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #evidence #DonaldTrump #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,533Top