Agnostic.com
4 1

Curious - Can probiotics help in reducing weight? As in, does probiotics help in boosting metabolism in anyway or do probiotic strains have bacteria that aid in weight loss.

collins88 2 June 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I searched nutritionfacts.org, but did not find anything about probiotics helping to reduce weight.

I'm reasonably sure I've read that your biome digests fiber, and eating fiber (e.g., salad) helps one reduce calories and weight.

My belief, from personal experience, is that your biome can make you hungry. When I eat salads, I am less hungry and control my weight better.

EdEarl Level 8 June 23, 2020

There are two types of fiber as far as i know... Soluble fiber, which is digested, and insoluble, which isn't digested...

The insoluble fiber fills you up without adding many cakories..
The soluble fiber absorbs and lowers cholesterol...

Both are beneficial...

@Cutiebeauty Yes! On the other hand, a stomach full of water doesn't satisfy my hunger, but sometimes a low calorie salad does.

@EdEarl yes, a stomach full of water, with nothing else, doesn't last very long... But if you eat foods that expand or swell up when in contact with water, it works better... For example, eat a small portion of pasta, drink some water... It will expand and fill you up after a short period of time...

Some reccomend drinking water before eating.. I do it after but i eat less in anticipation of the water's affect...

There's no way around it; if you want to lose weight, you have to get comfortable with being hungry part of your day.

Best, toward the evenings.

I've found that even If I've been "bad"....eating junk food, no probiotics (greek yogurt's my favorite) - but stopping eating early in the evening.....say by 5 PM....and then letting hunger creep in....that the next morning I weigh less.

It's about controlling, and tolerating hunger. Simple;

Robecology Level 9 June 22, 2020

Thanks Rob 🙂

Possibly

bobwjr Level 10 June 22, 2020

From google:
Probiotics May Help You Lose Weight and Belly Fat Studies have found that certain strains of the Lactobacillus family can help you lose weight and belly fat. In one study, eating yogurt with Lactobacillus fermentum or Lactobacillus amylovorus reduced body fat by 3–4% over a 6-week period (19).

The best way I've found to lose weight is by exercising and or running first thing in the morning before eating breakfast.. Doing this causes the body to burn only fat..

That's great advice. Yes I used to work out from the gym regularly but with this pandemic, working out home bound has been a struggle.

Thanks for sharing these studies. Definitely time to go deeper down the rabbit hole. Would it also be possible for you to share where I can find this case study?

@collins88 i just googled your question.. There's other links available... Google it...

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 99 More

Posted by OldMetalHeadI hit a new weight milestone this week. Still trying for the six-pack.

Posted by OldMetalHeadThe hardest part for me is not falling back into old bad habits after meeting goals.

Posted by OldMetalHeadThe hardest part for me is not falling back into old bad habits after meeting goals.

Posted by JonnaBononnaI had finally gotten back on track after gaining back most of the weight I lost a couple of years ago.

Posted by JurneeI have to say, as an overweight karate instructor, this is the one patch that I was ok with never getting.

Posted by DotLewis13 March 2020 - Diet Diary - Holding steady, up a little, down a little.

Posted by DotLewis13 March 2020 - Diet Diary - Holding steady, up a little, down a little.

Posted by DotLewis7 March 2020 - Diet Diary - Been quiet around here lately. I've not been on vacation, just keeping a low profile and trying to stay on top of things. Are those things incompatible?

Posted by DotLewis26 Sept.

Posted by MyMrsFifiAte my tiny meal...... Still hungry.... Waiting for snack time like this......

Posted by DotLewisWell, that's annoying! Twice I "shared" this post from Gardeners group to here and neither time did it appear.

Posted by DotLewisWell, that's annoying! Twice I "shared" this post from Gardeners group to here and neither time did it appear.

Posted by DotLewisTrade wars?

Posted by DotLewisTrade wars?

• Top tags#Diet #hope #Exercise #dogs #weather #friends #sleep #coffee #Friday #god #reason #book #video #limit #Shopping #church #world #religious #Atheist #kids #rain #atheism #religion #hell #parents #animals #money #humans #apple #cats #holiday #Christmas #death #children #agnostic #Christian #relationship #cancer #chinese #fear #mother #anxiety #vote #beliefs #truth #Bible #evidence #saved #weed #oil ...

Members 254Top

Moderators