Agnostic.com
7 4

Greetings to this week's new members!!!

Welcome to Introverts Unite @Szymon, @AJSandman, @m64094, @Ciarro, @Judekayo, @Ray-lee, @Isha, @JohnCumpton, @Iamcelery, @Kabir026, @HumanBeinme, @nanabockz.

Would each of you please stand up and tell us a little about yourself? (Don't hit me, I'm just kidding)

I was just wondering what the breakdown for this group is in terms of Myers Briggs personality types. How many members of "Introverts Unite" are INTJ's like me? If not, which personality type are you? Did you find the test accurate from your perspective? (If you have no personality at all, feel free to remain silent 🙂)

TheoryNumber3 8 Nov 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Myers Briggs personality test was debunked decades ago by psychologists, counselors and companies that previously used it in selecting new employees.

Introversion and extroversion are on a wide spectrum, like all personality traits. Most people are a mix.

An ebullient optimist, I'm mostly extroverted. After teaching a seminar, I felt exhausted and needed a day to recover my energy. I love people and need quiet time alone.

I love people too, but I prefer them one at a time. Three is way too much of a crowd for me 🙂

Debunked by whom?

@TheoryNumber3 I read that it was created by a couple of housewives .

@TheoryNumber3

Debunked by psychologists, counselors, and companies that previously used Myers-Briggs in selecting new employees.

Thanks for bringing that up. I am an introvert, but I never liked being pigeonholed into a “type”.

@Cast1es Comments like that don't do a helluva lot to elevate the status of women. A couple of housewives?

Katharine Cook Briggs was an educated woman of the victorian era with a degree in agriculture... unusual in an era, when women were not encouraged to pursue an education. She was also a fiction writer and had a fascination with psychological types which she wanted to explore further for her novels. She read the english translation of Jung's "Psychological Types in an effort to gain insight into possible personalities for her books, as well as to gain insight into human behavior. She observed that her own observations and theories were similar to Jung's and spent the next 20 years researching and refining the questions for the Myers Briggs test and interfaced with Jung during the process. Her test was originally published in 1962. I was given the test more than once in the interviewing process for positions I was applying to. While I don't agree with that application, the test is useful in career advising and other applications relative to human interaction.

@LiterateHiker It wasn't debunked so much as it was determined that employee selection was not an appropriate application for the test.

@EyesThatSmile Introvert is a "type". So is "agnostic" 🙂

@TheoryNumber3

Here's the definition of introvert. Sounds extreme to me, especially the definition in psychology.

Introvert (dictionary.com)

noun

1. a person who prefers calm environments, limits social engagement, or embraces a greater than average preference for solitude.

2. Psychology. a person characterized by concern primarily with his or her own thoughts and feelings.

@LiterateHiker I don't have a problem with the first definition, that sounds like me... but I don't like that psych definition either. It sounds more narcissistic than Introverted. They could have found a better way to phrase it. We all know it's a matter of what energizes us and how we recharge when our energy is depleted.

@TheoryNumber3

Exactly. The psychology definition sounds narcissistic to me, too.

My daughter is mainly introverted: she re-charges her energy with alone time. She is also a mix of introvert and extrovert. "Claire is the leader of our group of friends," four young adults told me at Claire's wedding.

An extrovert, I walked around the wedding reception introducing myself to people, laughing and chatting. My opening line: "Did you also go to Mukilteo High School?" Seems they all did.

"Mom, my friends loved you!" Claire told me afterward.

@LiterateHiker The other definition for introversion that disturbs me is "Shyness". I'm not shy at all. I am actually quite friendly, but I'm a hit and run. I exchange a few words, smile and get the hell out of there before they start telling me about their grandchildren and their crabgrass 🙂

I have no idea what I am nor do I really care what is said. I think I am an introvert, I try not to judge, I like smart people and appreciate a woman who knows what they want and can say so. What else do you want to know, does this fit?

That's your decision to make 🙂

Welcome and I can never remember what my Meyers-Briggs is except an I at the beginning.

NHjulie Level 8 Nov 22, 2020

Then you're in the right place 🙂

Welcome

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 21, 2020

Welcome to all the new members ,Enjoy Participat and ask questions and most of all have fun

RoyMillar Level 9 Nov 21, 2020

welcome all

TheDoubter Level 9 Nov 21, 2020

Myers briggs is shit.
[vox.com]

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 853 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMe too, me too!

Posted by TheoryNumber3In honor of Eclipse Day.....

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI’m perfectly happy so must be something wrong…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIntroverts. Creatures of the Night!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t ring my doorbell!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThe face helps…

Posted by FrostyJim...I have a lifetime membership.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyAnd yet I thrive…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyWell, that deteriorated quickly…

• Top tags#friends #video #world #religion #god #hello #religious #hell #hope #relationship #Atheist #anxiety #money #reason #cats #truth #book #kids #dogs #introvert #Bible #children #humans #church #memes #fear #lonely #guns #wife #books #mother #Song #beliefs #laws #community #animals #sleep #Christian #Friday #movies #media #TheTruth #DonaldTrump #advice #faith #sex #parents #evidence #belief #coffee ...

Members 1,995Top

Moderators