Agnostic.com
5 14

It is still about 4 weeks away from our average last frost date in Wasilla Alaska, but that does not stop me from working on my garden almost every day. Timing is very important to maximize yields... as the weather warms up I will move flats out into my greenhouse in 2-3 weeks with a space heater for frosty nights and the the planting rush begins at the end of May...

FrostyJim 8 Apr 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I got out to the garden centers yesterday and got my plants, I am ready to stick them in the dirt soon. Last year I didn't get it done til mid May, this year I think my timing is better. Last year I introduced my 2.5 year old granddaughter to the pleasures of tomatoes right off the vine. She loved it!! This year I'm hoping to introduce my grandson to those same pleasures, he just turned two last week. With this COVID I'm not sure when I will have the pleasure of their company again. I would love to have a greenhouse, but alas.

You are amazing!

Thanks! ...just doing what I enjoy

Looks like gardening up there is a lot more work! Good luck and I hope you have a bountiful harvest!😉

It is not really work when you enjoy what you do...

When I first moved to the Gulf Coast sauna thirty-some years ago from the English-like climate of the Pacific Northwest, I thought gardening HERE was impossible, for opposite reasons from Alaska. But it really is all about learning to work with the conditions instead of trying to force it to match somewhere else. What is cool about Alaska gsrdening are the super long days in summer. Like you said, timing is very important. That is why local ag extensions can be great reference resources.

@MikeInBatonRouge - yes the very long daylight in June is like adding 20 more frost-free days to our growing season...

Nice tomato plants. Which variety?

freeofgod Level 8 Apr 30, 2020

Bush Early Girl hybrid - very disease resistant and just right for my greenhouse Grow Buckets.

The earlier the better 🙂

freeofgod Level 8 Apr 30, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 28

Photos 5,322 More

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

Posted by 1patriotOne of the main reasons for last year’s ‘spike’, which the media and government agencies have avoided mentioning, is the Hunga Tonga volcano eruption two years ago.

Posted by FrostyJim...sometimes you just can't help it?

Posted by FrostyJimI got my first seed order in the mail yesterday! WOO-HOO!

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #kids #book #cats #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,505Top