Agnostic.com
6 12

This is the Orchid Rock Rose. It was posted last year in response to a Rock Rose I have that is a Texas native. I thought these were gorgeous and found a site on-line that sold them. I particularly liked this variety with the spots at the base of the petals. One thing about this flower, however, they don't last long. This one had dropped all its petals by the next day.

RussRAB 8 Apr 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why is it called an orchid? I have several of these plants along my driveway. Unfortunately, the deer eat the blooms so I have to use a garlic spray to keep them away. It's hard to see the color but it is bright pink. The Rock Rose is really drought hardy.

JackPedigo Level 9 Apr 23, 2021

I have no idea why 'Orchid' is part of the name. They do have a vibrant color, or mabe it's their shade of pink.

Beautiful flower

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 23, 2021

This is a wild pink rock rose, I photographed growing wild in Portugal, a couple of years ago when we could still travel.

Fernapple Level 9 Apr 23, 2021

The flowers last several days for me, here in England, so it must be a climate thing.

Fernapple Level 9 Apr 23, 2021

I don't know. It was a surprise. This picture is actually the second flower to open. The first one had dropped its petals before I knew it. I figured there was plenty of time to get a photo. Termperatures here have been mild recently. We even had an overnight low in the upper 30's earlier this week. Perhaps the weather has been cooler than expected for blooming? Only time will tell at this point.

Beautiful blossom, and worth watching for daily!

I agree. I was really excited when the buds started forming.

Many plants survive the droughts in Texas , by having a very short life span . They bloom only when they've gotten enough water , last just long enough to be pollinated , then proceed to hybrinate until a suitable next season .

Cast1es Level 9 Apr 22, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top