Agnostic.com
5 9

The naked man orchid. Is there a naked lady orchid to? Me wonders.

Jolanta 9 July 20
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are plenty of orchids that look like a vulva.

BitFlipper Level 8 July 21, 2021

I would say most other orchids are "lady orchids".

Isn't that tulips?

Don't know but I do remember reading a science fiction story 30+ years ago of human explorers to another planet who found large numbers of a plant that was semi sentient & liked to please. It therefore used its flowers & petals as a vagina for the men & its stamen to penetrate & pleasure the women.
I don't recall the conclusion to the story but suspect that the explorers never returned but died of dehydration & starvation but with smiles on their faces.

FrayedBear Level 9 July 20, 2021

Sounds like heaven to me.

@Jolanta Mourn the shift that you had to work two years ago.

Orchis italica, the naked man orchid or the Italian orchid, is a species of orchid native to the Mediterranean Basin.[2] It gets its common name from the lobed lip (labellum) of each flower which mimics the general shape of a naked man.

In Italy, it is believed that the consumption of the plant is conducive to virility.[3] It prefers partial shade and low nutrient soil, and flowers in April. Orchis italica grows up to 50 centimetres (20 in) in height, with bright pink, densely clustered flowers.

[derbytelegraph.co.uk]

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 5,322 More

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

Posted by 1patriotOne of the main reasons for last year’s ‘spike’, which the media and government agencies have avoided mentioning, is the Hunga Tonga volcano eruption two years ago.

Posted by FrostyJim...sometimes you just can't help it?

Posted by FrostyJimI got my first seed order in the mail yesterday! WOO-HOO!

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #kids #book #cats #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,505Top