Agnostic.com
10 17

It is berry season in my Zone 4A Alaska garden. Raspberry bushes are loaded and Gooseberries will be ready soon. Time to make jam and maybe some country wine too!

FrostyJim 8 Aug 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oklahoma lets me grow blackberries and strawberries but I might as well forget trying to grow anything else because it's just a waste of time. You're berry garden is beautiful.

Lorajay Level 9 Aug 14, 2021

Splendid looking berries! The wine sounds good!! 😉

Yum!

KateOahu Level 8 Aug 10, 2021

Gorgeous berry bushes. I've been trying to grow berries here in Texas. So far, I've kept the bushes alive, but they are too small and too new to produce much of anything.

RussRAB Level 8 Aug 10, 2021

Hang in there. Keep them watered. Patience!

Over here in south Louisiana, southern blueberries are the star popular berries, but they also need quite acidic soil. I am finding in just the second year, that the southern varieties of BLACK-berries are the real workhorses and not too particular about sun or pH. I had a great crop this May. Blackberry vines really seem to follow that pattern of..."First year they sleep, second they creep, third they leap."

Great love berries

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 10, 2021

So does that attract beasts, especially bears?

Luckily I only have to deal with moose... I do have to fence off my Black currants but they don't bother my Gooseberries or Raspberries

I'm envious of those gooseberries.

But strewth it only seems like yesterday that you were picking the 2020 crop!

FrayedBear Level 9 Aug 10, 2021

You're so ambitious .

Cast1es Level 9 Aug 10, 2021

You have beautiful raspberry and gooseberry bushes! Just lovely.

Spinliesel Level 9 Aug 10, 2021

Sounds great. I used to make lots of fruit wines. My favorite was cranberry wine.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Aug 10, 2021

Elderberry!

@FrayedBear I pick elderberries from bushes that grow in t6he ditches along roads here in the county. I use the whole rosette of the elderberries dipped in pancake batter and fried in hot oil. Just delicious!

@Spinliesel Do you eat the stems as well?
I suspect too hot & droughty here to grow elderberry bushes. They prefer cool climes.

@FrayedBear Only the tender ones. And yes, the bushes require a cool and humid climate, I think. I never saw any in the hot states, Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 26

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,506Top