Agnostic.com
6 10

It's a little early but this weekend I decided to plant a few seeds in pots in the garage which has glass doors and doubles as a solarium. I planted several different herbs on Saturday and some Roma tomato seeds on seed tape, plus some Ghost pumpkins which are pure white on the outside but a deep orange on the inside for making pies.
Sunday I checked on the plantings as a matter of course and the seed tape was all torn up and each pumpkin seed had been dug up and eaten by a mouse in the garage. This morning I found the culprit in a mouse trap I set yesterday at the scene of the crime.
Grow little seeds, GROW!

SnowyOwl 8 Feb 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My plum trees are budding so I am going to put some seeds in the ground this weekend

Coueran Level 1 Feb 11, 2022

I'm also chomping at the bit to get the grow season going.

ZiggySdust Level 1 Feb 10, 2022

The big game hunter strikes!

Seems to have been a one off, no further attacks on my seeds and no further mice in the trap.

@SnowyOwl But are they growing?

All they need is water and sunlight. Glad you caught the vermin. But if there was one, there is more nearby.

KateOahu Level 8 Feb 7, 2022

The trap has been reset, we will see what we find tomorrow morning. 😉

You're far more efficient at catching mice than I've ever been ,

Cast1es Level 9 Feb 7, 2022

An old style spring board trap that is baited with peanut butter and placed in a narrow opening that limits escape routes is what seems to be the most effective. Perhaps 1 in 5 gets away but not twice.

Little mousie was hungry, poor baby.

He sleeps with the fishes. 😀

True little mousie was hungry , but they leave a trail of shit behind , and now he does neither .

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 25

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,506Top