Agnostic.com
15 5

Sound familiar? ... I’m Dating Someone I’ve Never Met — & I’m Falling In Love
[refinery29.com]

Philip21 8 May 13
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Face to face, or long distance media only... both are a crapshoot. But the "falling in love" feeling can certainly happen either way. Problem is that the "falling in love" feeling is not necessarily a good predictor of success. I've fallen in love a few times I guess and can really offer no wisdom.

Robeh Level 4 July 5, 2020

It can happen and it did for me (I too was skeptical). Important item to to see any such relationship as one of being friends. Take notes, be judgemental but open minded and look for commonalities. Most important thing is don't let chemistry take over even after meeting. Talking on the phone is much better than writing and with Skype you can get an even better idea of what you are dealing with.

JackPedigo Level 9 May 30, 2020

That sounds really nice, but it could also be the love bombing stage of a person with narcissistic personality disorder. I would advise extra caution!

Organist1 Level 8 May 30, 2020

Just Never send Any money!

AnneWimsey Level 9 May 14, 2020

Okay-enjoy the ride and hope for the best. At least she's getting to know him before the first real date.

Seems like it's a shared fantasy, and it might work out with all the excitement they've built up, or it could be that they aren't really like who they've envisioned each other to be. But it sounds like a fun ride that might crash when they meet, or could be the bees knees. Might as well proceed with caution.

You can think you are getting to know someone very well, because the need to believe in that person is so strong. There's no guarantees in love and life, but going ahead with a hunch is better than being stagnant or going backward.

Julie808 Level 8 May 14, 2020

If it seems too good to be true...proceed with caution.

Yes as it was how my late partner started off our relationship. 2 months on the phone with only 1 picture apiece to know what we looked like (it was a very long distance relationship). It turned out to be the best way because when we finally met there was little chemistry. But still another 8 months with only an occasional visit. One really needs to get to know another before making any commitments.

JackPedigo Level 9 May 13, 2020

No!

BitFlipper Level 8 May 13, 2020

That is not thinking right.

St-Sinner Level 9 May 13, 2020

It can easily happen if you are the same mindset

RoyMillar Level 9 May 13, 2020

I wish them well, but there is nothing like meeting face to face to really check the chemistry.

Disagree and my experience showed, me anyway, that chemistry can and often does give false readings.

@JackPedigo Agreed. How many stories have we seen even in this very forum, about people that were greatly attracted and sexually compatible with someone, only for it to turn out they were incompatible in other more essential ways. people can overlook red flags and bad pairings for lust, it seems.

@demifeministgal My first 5 relationships were based on meeting face-to-face and chemistry taking over. A couple actually had happy periods. It was the last relationship where we were introduced and, being long distance, got to know each other over the phone. Absolutely no chemistry just knowledge about each other. It was a relationship based on commonalities and was wildly successful.
When people meet they are often either young or desperate. Over time each one may change and what attracted them to the other no longer worked. To have a good relationship most must be flexible and try to change together. There is no chemistry for that.

I hope they get to meet someday and meeting is just as great as talking.

Lorajay Level 9 May 13, 2020

Did that ended up with a partner for 14years still a best friend

bobwjr Level 10 May 13, 2020

good luck

nogod Level 7 May 13, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 76

Photos 164 More

Posted by UnitySomeday my princess will appear before me. ❤️

Posted by AtheistPeace666Hello I'm a single Canuck looking for my special lady Canuck.

Posted by KhaCRYou ever feel like you found the perfect sexual partner then he turns out to be a complete 💩bag and you can’t find the satisfaction in other encounters?

Posted by EntheogenFanI have a story to tell.

Posted by EntheogenFanI have a story to tell.

Posted by KateOahuYes, I agree that the reverse is also true.

Posted by JolantaThis is what women have to put up with and then they want to be intimate while we are still angry because they will not do their share of housework.

Posted by JolantaDucky, Snookums....

Posted by SorchaThis is a guy I was talking to from okcupid. He is totally new to online dating and it shows.

Posted by JolantaThat’s Amore. Some women are just far too shallow.

Posted by JolantaSomething for real intimacy perhaps.

Posted by Green_Soldier71Has anyone here had any experience with (or known someone who has/had) a SEXLESS MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP or a FRIGID PARTNER?

Posted by EyesThatSmileNakedness.

Posted by LetzGetRealMy family has often commented how I should become a "cougar"... as I look pretty good at my age and have a younger mindset than some of my peers, I guess this is there rationale?

Posted by Ann-1980The 4 types of Intimacy to feel sufficient, satisfied & healing in a love relationship.

Posted by Philip21over the top thinking? [agnostic.com]

• Top tags#relationship #sex #intimacy #video #friends #religious #hope #religion #world #god #children #wife #marriage #book #kids #advice #death #reason #agnostic #beliefs #Atheist #hell #money #society #movies #fear #hello #Present #parents #belief #loves #Song #community #lonely #books #divorce #culture #humans #dogs #sleep #chemistry #Christian #college #soul #animals #sexy #philosophy #holiday #DonaldTrump #sexuality ...

Members 1,849Top