Agnostic.com
4 9

Now it sounds ridiculous.

Jetty 7 Aug 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This shit was started by Sarah Huckabee as a part of the "all lives matter" movement which is really the White lives matter movement....
In any case the Japanese did pay reparations... at Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Sherman's march to the sea had worse effects than Hiroshima.

@WonderWartHog99

@WonderWartHog99 Sherman's March to the sea Killed 3,100 people, 2,100 of who were union soldiers so technically the enemy. Hiroshima Atomic Bomb killed 90,00 to 126,00 people, while the bomb dropped on Nagasaki killed Between 39,000 and 80,000 people the vast majority of whome were civilians completly un involved in the war. so in your opinion the lives of 3000 Racist Confederate soldiers is a bigger deal than the lives of 140,000 to 250,000 Japanees people?????? WTF man that is really fucking racist I really hope Everyone is smarter than that.

@TiernanMcCann Yeah and he acts like breaking up a slave economy was a bad thing to do.... How many millions died after they reached the US and how many of those died from "punishments" inflicted on them by subhuman monsters? 1.5 million died on the way over alone but other figures mostly aren't readily available. But a few thousand traitors killed while "defending their right to own other human beings and treat them as property to him is "worse than Hiroshima..." I call that a fucked up sense of priorities...
[gilderlehrman.org]

@TiernanMcCann In the mid-1900's it was difficult to find people who WEREN'T racist. It's difficult to ignore many of the founding fathers owned slaves. Most of the confederate soldiers were too poor to own slaves. They saw people from the north as invaders to their homeland. Ken Burns pointed out that prior to the civil war most people felt more aligned to their home state than to an abstract nation state. It's not the same today, possibly because of the civil war. It united the country after killing about a third to half the men in it.

One of things that marks America different from countries is that we fly our flags from homes, car dealerships, school rooms . . . EVERY FREAKING PLACE, sometimes in bulk on "patriotic holidays." Somebody count 'em up for me, okay? Does anybody have MORE of them than the US?

Now a word from the lizard of befuddled a few thousand traitors killed while "defending their right . . .

Had we lost the revolutionary war, the founding fathers would be considered traitors to the crown, which used to have a slave economy. Over the eons, a slave economy has been common in almost all countries. It wasn't invented in Dixie.

@WonderWartHog99 I am really not sure what point you were trying to make? you did not walk back your statement about Shermans March to the Sea being Worse than Hiroshima and thus deny being a horrible Racist so honestly not sure why I am bothering to respond.

"In the mid-1900's it was difficult to find people who WEREN'T racist"

um OK, whats your point? from the outside (Canadian Here) it still looks like at least 40% of your population is still pretty Racist, honestly most parts of the world have significant work to do in this regard, Here in Canada Racism towards Native Canadians is worse than towards other Visible Ethnicaties, and I am not saying that this kind of Racism does not exist here. but everyone has work to do, Acknowleging this is the first step.

"Most of the confederate soldiers were too poor to own slaves. They saw people from the north as invaders to their homeland. Ken Burns pointed out that prior to the civil war most people felt more aligned to their home state than to an abstract nation state."

yes most soldiers are just poor fools duped into killing and die'ing for the gain of the very men who are lie'ing to them and getting them killed. Ken Burns documentary is clearly bassed on "the Lost Cause" Revisionist History promoted in the south after the Civil war.

"One of things that marks America different from countries is that we fly our flags from homes, car dealerships, school rooms . . . EVERY FREAKING PLACE, sometimes in bulk on "patriotic holidays." Somebody count 'em up for me, okay? Does anybody have MORE of them than the US?"

What is your Point, I can't speak for everyone outside of the United States but everyone I know is confused as to why Americans see this as a good thing.... and as for me I do not view Patriotism as a good thing, at all. question, given the curent Covid Crisis, how is it posible to think American is the Greatest Country when you have clearly done one of the WORST jobs of handeling the situation? is now really the time to be "WAVIN FLAG" surly when you fuck up this bad it is time to acknowledge that maybe our way is not the best way and that maybe we need to change a few things......

@TiernanMcCann > honestly not sure why I am bothering to respond.

I'd tell you but you wouldn't like it.

At first I liked this,
But after examining it more closely I really don’t like it,
I think it is a massive false equivalency
While the attack on Pearl Harbour was no doubt a tragic event it is in no way comparable to the atrocities committed against African American during slavery. Further, the Japanese paid a huge price for the attack on Pearl Harbour, while many white American families enjoy great wealth and power today directly because of their use of slaves. Further a fair amount of southern US culture attempts to minimize slavery and romanticizes this time period, who glorify slave owners and fail to tell their children uncomfortable stories about what disputable human beings their ancestors were, will allow that pretty white child to grow up and fly a confederate flag with absolutely no understanding of what a disgusting symbol of hate and oppression it really is

. . . while many white American families enjoy great wealth and power today . . .

Gen. Sherman's army leveled most of Dixie's infrastructure during his march to the sea, burning homes, destroying railroad tracks, etc. The most famous is the burning of Atlanta. It took generations to recover.

For many former slave it was an opportunity to leave Dixie. It allowed their fourth generation family members start riots elsewhere.

A heap has happened in the 155 years after the Civil War.

@WonderWartHog99

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Why it's Mr. Dots after his visit to his favorite discount drug store! Who would have thought? Previously he typed "Florida" and lost his train of thought.

Find a slave in the US. They freed them 155 years ago after a crushing defeat that affected ALL THE NATIVES who were promptly economically rapped by northern carpetbaggers that tried to starve everybody to death, taking their land in the process.

Some of the slave descendants went to South LA and Detroit to start riots while others became urban professionals and millionaires. A whole heap of history has gone on since then. The South has risen again and we're stolen rust belt industry from the north and we're stealing Silicon Valley for good measure. We got the space coast. Even Atlanta, GA, is ruled by a black city council. Slaves? Sounds like you're living in a state of confusion. Must be all those visits to your favorite drug store you previously posted about admiringly.

Why Disney even had to put a bigger, better theme park in Florida because of those toad suckers in California. No slaves anywhere.

Now you want FUN tales tell me more about how California screwed over Chinese and other ethnic minorities 155 years ago. Why your auntie's panties, California even had to steal land from Mexico and bitch about all those Hispanics. "BUILD A WALL!" Screamed those stoned Californians.

Ergo my previous comment that I don't expect much out of your glazed stares.

@WonderWartHog99 155 years ago?... Many states in the South still use slavery in the prison systems. Maybe if MR. Dunce would study modern history and current events he would see that. Those prison systems are encouraged to convict people to use on prison farms or to "rent" to private companies for cheap labor... But of course you don't think of that as slavery do you even if the labor is forced and those doing it are not paid as well as being punished if they refuse to be used in a slavery for profit scheme that has been going on since the civil war ended...
Also the only people screaming to "build the wall" are Trumpanzees who are in a minority here in California.... Where you live they are the majority...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Military service like convict labor doesn't count. In those cases the slave's children can't be sold, their spouses can't be sold, their children can't be sold, killing them on a whim is illegal, beating them is illegal , torturing is illegal, etc. In your example it generally comes with a date of expiration. Slavery is for life. Generally slaves are worked to death. Some slaves get beaten to death, mutilated, a foot might be cut off so they have trouble running away -- whatever it takes as an example to other slaves. Slave bones often have scars where the muscle ripped off the bone from heavy lifting.

Every now and then someone will whip out the term "wage slave" without any clue what slavery is all about. Slavery isn't about a 9 to 5 job.

Go forth and look off in a daze and make one word posts. Say "...Florida..."

@WonderWartHog99 You will make any excuse won't you?...
How much money does the prison industry make?
The largest private prison corporations, Core Civic and GEO Group, collectively manage over half of the private prison contracts in the United States with combined revenues of $3.5 billion as of 2015.Aug 2, 2018

Capitalizing on Mass Incarceration: U.S. Growth in Private Prisons ...
www.sentencingproject.org

@Lizard_of_Ahaz Little puppy dog, you don't know what slavery is. It doesn't matter I've explained it to you in grueling detail. Thanks to your favored drug store, you're in a daze, thinking "these guys in jail work nine to five -- they must be slaves."

@Jetty >It is politically inconvenient to mention them, I guess; they don't fit in the typical black/racism/white privilege narrative.

Nor does Native Americans who owned slaves fit in that narrative and that also is generally ignored.

Anyway, what happened to those Irish slaves?

They were indentured, not slaves. They were treated almost the same as slaves but once the two to seven year contract was up -- off they went.

They can't fool me with those innocent looks!

Reparations should begin with their pocket-money.

brentan Level 8 Aug 9, 2020

The sum of it.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 48

Photos 77,326 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators