Agnostic.com
8 17

Anyone else play this game??

scurry 9 Sep 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I have to put on long sleeved clothes in the den, it is time to turn on the heat.

glennlab Level 10 Sep 25, 2020

Ah-ha. Sounds like you have a reliable system. 🙂

@scurry Average year it is mid November or later.

@glennlab Yikes. I might risk some freezing pipes if I waited that long. I have my thermostat set year round at ~18°C, and it comes on periodically in the fall; mostly at nights when the temp outside dipps near or below freezing; 0°C.

@scurry I don't miss those temps at all (spent 5 years in Spokane Wa) I would go up to Trail BC to watch hockey games, but other than that all my trips north of the border were in the summer months.

@glennlab Understandable. A lot of Canadians make anual trecks south of the border during the winter months... But I guess not this year. 😟 stupid covid!

I wait till the house gets down in the 40s before firingg up the woodstove. That's what they make clothes, blankets and big fluffy dogs for 😀

wolf041 Level 7 Sep 25, 2020

So... 45°F is about 7°C... Yup. Chilly. 🙂

@scurry Easy rule of thumb: double the C reading, then add 30. Close.
(and conversely, subtract 30 from F and divide by 2. Close enough)

@AtheistInNC easier rule... Use my phone and Google it... Ha ha. 😄😄😄😉

@AtheistInNC I wish I had known that little trick when I was in a little motel in Atlantic Canada mid winter about 15 years ago. I guessed on the thermostat and woke up at 3 am so hot I had to pop the window open 😀

Oh hell, in AZ we just sit in the sun until we're warm.

Ha ha. Nice.
I'm not so lucky. Some winter days in Canada never make it to the + side of the Celcius scale. Already, it's gone below freezing overnight, but the days are still warm-ish. 😌

@scurry I remember those nights from my years in AK. Loved them.

@SiouxcitySue I can't say I mind them either. I prefer being too cold rather than too hot. I can always add sweaters & blankets. 🙂

Not very long...

You have more than just yourself to consider. 💛 You're a good Momma!!💛😌

@scurry thank you! 💘🌹

In Florida the “natives” have been known to wear mittens at 60degrees 🌼. I am just grateful when I can turn off the AC.

Exactly!

My heat already came on.

BitFlipper Level 8 Sep 25, 2020

Mine too.

I usually lose that game.

BudFrank Level 8 Sep 25, 2020

Me too. LOL

I play too.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 44

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators